• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Are My Links Really Broken?

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2011 Dec 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently working in RoboHelp HTML 8.0.2.208  - the Updates link is inactive.

RoboHelp shows that I have 5 missing topics. Each one identifies the same links to the topic. I've gone over the links on the identified page again and again and can find nothing wrong. Most of the links are to bookmarks, but links to other bookmarks are not identified. If I click the Restore button on any of the References, I get a message that says: The filename is invalid. The '#' character cannot be used in a path. (For instance: Part_416_Group_Family_Day_Care_Homes.htm#416.2 Procedures for Applying for and Renewing a License.) Other filenames with the # character are not identified. (I may be mixing apples with oranges here, but thought I should let you know anything I noticed - unfortunately, I'm not a programmer.)

When I check the links the identified page, they all seem to work fine. Any idea what may be happening? Thanks so much for any assistance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try renaming the bookmarks without spaces.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for such a quick reply, Peter. Unfortunately, this did not seem to work. I edited the bookmarks and the links - it added more missing topics (since there were links to the topic on other pages). I was able to clear those up quickly by re-linking to the newly named bookmark - but the original five topics are still showing as missing - with all the identified links on that one page. Again, they seem to link fine after I compile, but they insist on showing in the Project Manager and in the Broken Links Report output. Any other thoughts?

Thanks, again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2011 Dec 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do the topics show in Windows Explorer? If yes, reimport them.

Peter Grainge

www.grainge.org

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2011 Dec 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had one of our IT people come in to work with me. Reimporting didn't seem to work. Again, looking in all the titles, we cannot find any link that doesn't work, even though broken links are listed. I think we're just going to have to live with that for the time being, unless you can think of anything else. As an aside, is there anywhere in Robohlep that will identify where the broken link is on the page (for instance, line 8). Some of the pages have up to 50 links.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2012 Jan 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry but no line identification. Using Find may help.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp