Expand my Community achievements bar.

How do you rid yourself of an extra page?

Level 2

I have a form created in livecycle. Everytime I go to make a change in the form, even when deleting something, a whole page gets added to the document.  It is a blank page added before the form. So in thumbnail, it looks like two pages. When I try to delete the first page, a window tells me that there is no subform to delete, so it cannot delete the page.  If i print, it adds the full blank page. It adds it even when I convert the document to a pdf.   I tried to see if there were commands that were hidden, such as in word for page break, but was unable to find any.  Does this happen to anyone else?  Do I have to recreate the entire form?  I wish I could show someone what it is doing.  Help!

10 Replies

Level 10

You can share you form to LiveCycle9@gmail.com so I can have a look at it.

Thanks

Srini

Former Community Member

When that happens to me, I have to adjust the content area in the master page.  Click on the content area in the hierarchy and in the design view make the content area shorter by clicking on the black dot on the bottom and dragging it a up just a little bit.

Level 2

Hi Ida Eve, thanks for that suggestion, but it didn't work. There is no black dot. I am not sure what you mean by hierarchy.  I also went to the pallette and manually changed the paper length, because it was at longer than 11 inches. even when I moved it to 10 inches the form does not move back to the first page.  it acts like the page really isn't there. even when I went to add fields to the form on the first page, it created a new page, after the form and added the field there. not the first page, but on the now third page. it is like the page is a ghost.

any other suggestions?

Level 2

How do i know you will get it, Srini?  if i am just sending to livecycle gmail??

Former Community Member

Do you have a flowable layout form or positioned?  What version of LiveCycle do you have?

Level 10

I got your form and had looked at it.

The Width and Height of the Page1 Subform are out of the limits.

In Heirarchy, select the Page1 subform and in the Layout properties, change the Width to 8 in and Height to 10.5 in. That will fix the issue.

Let me know if you still have issues..

Thanks

Srini

Level 2

Hi ida,

I have live cycle 8.0.  I am not sure I know what you mean by flowable layout form or positioned?  Is there a box where you can determine what mode the form is in?

I created this form 2 years ago after I had just taken a class. We did not get into the different types of forms really well.  What I learned, I have since forgotten except to how to actually work on the form.

Level 2

It took me a while to find HIerarchy.  When I look at it, it has two Page 1.  When I click on the first page 1 (the blank form) the layout properties table does not show up. When I click on the (subform) (page 1) the layout properties does show up. I changed the 10.5122 to 10.5 and it changed it back as soon as i save or exited out of the properites box.

it still isn't working. can you send the fixed form back to me?

jandob@bellsouth.net.

I will keep trying.  When you said to click on page 1, it lists page 1 for both pages. it is almost like the program does not recognize the extra page being there.

Janet

Level 2

It keeps saying that the first page is the master page. what does that mean?  the form that i created was the first page untill i moved one field and then the whole blank page moved in.  it does not make sense. Although I was changing the form, I was deleting a field and yet it moved to another page.  How do i get rid of the extra page. it is showing my margins on page 2 as 7.5 and 10.5122in.

I really need help.

I keep comparing the 2011 to the 2012 form. the error is in the 2012 form.  did you look at the 2011 form?  it also has a master page, but it does not show. when i went to make updates, the blank page shows up.  but the margins are ok.  so why does the 2012 form still show that extra page and does not allow someone to delete it.

Message was edited by: jandob

Level 10

Sent the corrected form to your email id.

Thanks

Srini