• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help w/adobe flash player, PLEASE

New Here ,
Dec 26, 2011 Dec 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need help!! I bought my daughter a V-Reader from V-Tech for Christmas and I am trying to get it set up. I have gone through all the steps of trying to upgrade the software. However, when I try to begin the process it is telling me I need to install Adobe Flashplayer. So I go to Adobe & download & install Adobe Flash player 11 ActiveX. However, when I go back to the set up portion of this V-Reader, it is still telling me I need to install Adobe Flash Player. I am so confused & don't know what to do. I am not very computer savy, so whatever help I can get needs to be pretty easy to understand & would be extremely appreciated. I have Windows Vista, I really don't know what else you need to know. Thanks for any & all help.....

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I correct to assume that you connect that E-reader to your PC, and you need Flash Player on the PC?

Do you know if your Vista is 32-bit or 64-bit?

You mention ActiveX, so you must be using Internet Explorer.  What version do you use, and is it the 32-bit edition or 64-bit edition (Help, About Internet Explorer should tell you that)?

On Internet Explorer 8 or 9, check Tools, Add-ons: do you see Shockwave Flash Object, and is it enabled?

On Internet Explorer 9, check Tools, ActiveX Filtering: is it enabled?  (It must be disabled for Flash Player to function.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more: on Vista, Flash Player can only run on the 32-bit edition of Internet Explorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2011 Dec 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 32 bit system.

Shockwave Flash Object is enabled.

I do not see ActiveX Filtering. Could it be listed as ActiveMovieControl Object?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On IE9 ActiveX Filtering is the 4th item under Tools.

ietdd.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, I cannot find anything like your screen print.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, again I'm sorry I'm slow at this. When I went to view & track your downloads, it does not show anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have Internet Explorer 8 or 9?  ActiveX Filtering is a new feature of IE9.

Do you see the Menu Bar on IE (File, Edit, View, Favorites, Tools, Help) ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have IE9 & yes I see the menu bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found another discussion on this forum about enabling flash player in IE9. My screen looks just like the screen print of the one shown, stating that Adobe Flash Player was successfully installed. So then I went to the next discussion about ActiveX filtering in IE9. I do not have a circle w/a slash in the address bar. So then I went to tools and next to ActiveX Filtering, I do not have a check mark next to it. So.......that is where I am. I don't know what to do next. It still says I need to download Adobe Flash Player. This is driving me nuts.......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, this is a unusual case...

Can you see the Flash animation at http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ ?

Can you open Windows Explorer, then navigate to C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash - please list the files you have in that folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2011 Dec 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I can see the flash animation.

The files I have in that folder are:

Flashlle.ocx

FlashInstall

Flashlltil11e_ActiveX.dll

Flashlltil11e_ActiveX

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

texas14 wrote:

Yes, I can see the flash animation.

This means that Flash Player is correctly installed and working.  There must be something on that site not working; do they give support?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't suppose you could provide instructions for checking ActiveX Filtering for IE8 (32 bit system) also please?  I have exactly the same problem with the same software.  I have followed this thread thus far - Shockwave Flash Object Enabled but wasn't sure whether I then have to check ActiveX Filtering, and where to check that.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

megfor wrote:

I don't suppose you could provide instructions for checking ActiveX Filtering for IE8 (32 bit system) also please?

As I wrote earlier in this topic, ActiveX Filtering was intoduced with IE9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines