Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Numbering is out of sequence

Explorer ,
Dec 30, 2011 Dec 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using TCS3/FM10/RH9 on Windows XP.

I have a lot of ordered lists in my procedures.  Some of the steps in the procedures have bullets that have substeps.  For example:

1  Text

o Text

a. text

b. text

The next numbered step should be 2.  However, there is something about the substeps (a. and b.) that seems to throw the numbering off.  Instead of getting 2, I usually get 1 again or sometimes I will get a number further down in the procedure.

I'm linking FM books into my project and everything is numbered correctly in the FM book.

Here's the HTML:

<li type="1"><p class="Steps">Do one of the following: </p></li>

</ol>

<ul type="disc">

<li><p class="StepsBullet">If you want to execute the command across

all running instances of a Sensor role on all logical servers in the

environment, then select <span style="font-weight: bold;">Broadcast

Command</span><span style="font-weight: bold;">&#160;&gt; </span><span

style="font-weight: bold;">Get Option</span>.</p></li>

<li><p class="StepsBullet">If you want to execute the command on a

specific instance of a role on a logical server, then do the following

in the <span style="font-weight: bold;">Sensors</span> panel:</p></li>

</ul>

<ol start="1">

<li type="a"><p class="substep_alpha_a">Select the check box next to

the Sensor(s) on which you want to execute the command.</p></li>

<li type="a"><p class="substep_alpha" style="margin-bottom: 17.000pt;">Select

<span style="font-weight: bold;">Get Option</span> from the drop-down

list.</p></li>

<li type="1"><p class="Steps">Click <span style="font-weight: bold;">GO</span>.</p></li>

Any ideas?  Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 30, 2011 Dec 30, 2011

"I selected Convert Autonumber to HTML List for both." - that may be your problem - try the "convert to text" setting and see if that makes any difference. If that creates other issues for you, then it's into the CSS for you to fix the multi-level list, I think. See Peter Grainge's site (grainge.org) for info on lists.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you telling RH to interpret the lists in the Conversion Settings? Try an experiment with that setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the Conversion Settings dialog box, I have mapped Substep_alpha in FM to substep_alpha_a in Robohelp. Also mapped Substep_alpha in FM to substep_alpha in RH. I selected Convert Autonumber to HTML List for both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I selected Convert Autonumber to HTML List for both." - that may be your problem - try the "convert to text" setting and see if that makes any difference. If that creates other issues for you, then it's into the CSS for you to fix the multi-level list, I think. See Peter Grainge's site (grainge.org) for info on lists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, you lovely man!  It worked. 

Except now the second line of the substep is wrapping all the way to the number instead of aligning with the first letter of the preceding line.  Can I impose on you to give me the answer to that one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's a CSS tweak - I don't know enough CSS syntax to help you out much (I know just enough to be dangerous), but I know there have been posts on the forum & on the Tech Comm blog (http://blogs.adobe.com/techcomm/) about messing around with it for lists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp