7 Replies Latest reply: Jan 2, 2012 11:27 AM by Chris Cox RSS

Issues with CS5 Liquify in my iMac with a AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2048 MB Graphics Card

I have been trying to get to the bottom of this issue on my own, but to no avail.  I am running Photoshop CS5.1 Extended on an iMac with an i7, 16 GB of RAM and an AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2048 MB graphic card.  I am running OSX Lion.  Speed of the computer should NOT be an issue, but my liquify tool is impossibly slow.  I have seen others having this issue, but am not finding resolutions.  I have updated all of my software (Lion, CS5) and updated my drivers.  I have uninstalled Photoshop and reinstalled it, but still, no help.

My Liquify tool is so slow that it is impossible to use.  It does not register if I release the mouse either and I often have to click a few times to release the brush.  I have Photoshop 5.1 on a PC and the Liquify runs very smoothly.

Has this issue been addressed?  I am wondering if it has a root in how CS5 is reacting to the graphics card?  When I called Adobe, they swore it was Apple's fault.  When I talked to Apple, they were positive the blame lay with Adobe.  I just want a fix.  (Hey, I'll take a CS6 beta if that'll fix it.  )

Thank you,