Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extendscript that duplicates a hypertext marker in a TOC entry

Participant ,
Dec 29, 2011 Dec 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody,

I guess many Framemaker users have encountered the following issue in Framemaker: when adding a character format to a word/character inside a heading (while the rest of the heading has its "usual" format), the corresponding TOC link area is partially clickable. The reason for this is that the “foreign” character format somehow disrupts the hypertext command. The only workaround proposed on the Web is to use a Framescript to duplicate the hypertext marker in the TOC entry each time the character format is changed. Is it possible to create an Extendscript that does that?

Thank you for your input in advance!

Kind regards,

Roman

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 29, 2011 Dec 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Roman,

Yes this is definiotely possible and the algorithm could be identical to the FrameScript solution. I can think of two methods: Either using Copy and Paste to create the second instance of the marker or – as a marker is such a simple object – just read the MarkerText property from the existing marker and create a new Hypertext marker at the appropriate text location and set the MarkerText.

I once did a comparison between FrameScript and ExtendScript solutions (see http://wp.me/p25LLF-4n ) and you can use the same algorithms.

- Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 01, 2012 Jan 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dear Michael,

First of all, thank you for your prompt response! I appreciate that much! I looked at the code you presented on the web page you gave a reference to. The code seems to deal with some graphic issue and I find it hard to see how this example can help me resolve the hypertext marker issue. You said you are familiar with the Framescript solution for this TOC issue. Could you please point me to the framescript that duplicates the marker? As far as I understood, it was already written by somebody once. IMHO, the Adobe team should also provide a solution for this issue, as it seems to be a bug that has not been fixed for years.

Thank you very much in advance, and Happy New Year!

Roman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 01, 2012 Jan 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Roman,

I was under the impression you already had such a script and my example should encourage you to move this existing solution to ExtendScript.

Unfortunately I have such a solution not available as an isolated script and do not have the time to create one.

- Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 02, 2012 Jan 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Michael,

I wish I could create such an extendscript on my own. Unfortunately, I

don't have a good command of the Extendscript syntax yet.

Kind regards,

Roman

On Sun, Jan 1, 2012 at 6:37 PM, Michael Müller-Hillebrand

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines