Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Livecycles Process Ajax problem

Level 2

Hi,

I have a several LCES process that are called from an ajax app.  All works well except when the user's session expires/timesout.

After that when the user tries to invoke one of the processes, jboss returns a http 401 error as it's Basic Authentication. I cannot always handel this correctly in ajax as browsers will intercept this 401 error and offer an authentication challenge.

I guess I need something like the remoting end point 'Custom Authentication' but for the REST end point.

1) Could I configure jboss to issue a redirect to a custom html page when a 401 exception accurs?

2) Could I configure jboss to return a 403 or 500 error when there is a 'not Authorized' exception, instead of the 401?

3) If I set "Require callers to authenticate:No" and 'Run as System" for the service is there any way I could then check within my process to see if the current user is actually authenticated?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Michael

2 Replies

Level 10
If you enable Anonymous Authentication, the user will not get authenticated and you will never know who has invoked the process( if you have set the Run As option to "System").
You may ask the user to supply UserId and Password (in base 64 format) and then authenticate within the process using the AuthenticationManager API.
Nith

Level 2

1) Could I configure jboss to issue a redirect to a custom html page when a 401 exception accurs?

Ans :  Yes you can handle it in front end in ajax by having a seperate exception handler in the server side which redirects the page when 401 exception is thrown from adobe

2) Could I configure jboss to return a 403 or 500 error when there is a 'not Authorized' exception, instead of the 401?

No.

3) If I set "Require callers to authenticate:No" and 'Run as System" for the service is there any way I could then check within my process to see if the current user is actually authenticated?

No you can not since you set "Require callers to authenticate:No" . You can track your session in adobe side only when the user authentication is set to yes

Jaison