• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bullet Lists Imported from Word

Contributor ,
Dec 28, 2011 Dec 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I've done a bit of searching and have seen all manner of bullet-related chatter but I'm still looking for my... silver bullet.

I'm using Robo 9.02 and MS Word 2003.

My Word doc has nested bullet lists created with two styles, List Bullet and List Bullet 2.

Bullet 2 is just indented a bit more with a diff bullet.

Upon importation into Robo, the bullet lists do not come across as ULs nor is a multilevel list created.Robo created something like:

<p class="WD_ListBullet"><span style=" font-family:Symbol;">·<span style=" font:7.0pt 'Times New Roman';"><font size="1" style="font-size:7pt;">&#160;&#160;&#160;&#160;&#160;&#160;&#160;&#160;</font></span></span> blahblahblah)</p>

That style came out of nowhere. I applied the 9.02patch today and at least the style name is retained.

Then I see all sorts of styles, e.g. rh-list.MSWordList0, etc.

I read about the switch to XHTML but I'm just confused at this point.

I've read blurbs on Peter's site, etc., but I still don't understand if I can pull the lists across from Word without having to then create a mukltilevel list and do a bunch of find and replace or... whatever.

Seems more complicated than it should be but...Probably my Word formattintg is not kewl. The simple question is what's the best way top format nested bullet lists in Word to import them into Robo with the least amoun of legwork but that utilizes an actual list format instead of the fake &#160 nonsense?

Sorry for the repeate but I'm not getting it...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2012 Jan 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect the problem is that in Word you are working with two single level list styles rather than creating a multi-level list. If you created a multi-level list in Word you would then be able to get the import to create a multi-level list.

However, you may be able to get things to work without doing that. Read the instructions for Importing Using RoboHelp 9 on my site. They are specific to 902 and will not work without that service release. The code you are showing suggests that you have not mapped the lists to Normal as I suggest and that you have character styling applied in Word, hence the span stuff.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 03, 2012 Jan 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Peter. I suspect you are correct.

I steamrolled the WebHelp project into submission via manual formatting.

I will have to re-examine the source doc.

JA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp