Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I create a watermark in photoshop CS5

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2012 Jan 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all:

I purchased the Photoshop software CS5 and I have bee atempting to learn how to make a watermark and place it on an image.

I was working with a tutorial but came to a "roadblock" and have been unable to proceed. The following is the link:

http://http://www.dpchallenge.com/tutorial.php?TUTORIAL_ID=64

I have not been able to get past step one. I have my logo created with a white background. I have folowed the instructions: "...go to the menu bar and select/ color range select the type". I do not understand that sentence.

Any help. Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Paul

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 06, 2012 Jan 06, 2012

You may want to check out my crafting action package it contains a sample action the demos how tou cab watermark ant size image usine three methods.

Crafting Actions Package

Contains

• Action Actions Palette Tips.txt
  • Action Creation Guidelines.txt
  • Action Dealing with Image Size.txt
  • Action Enhanced via Scripted Photoshop Functions.txt
  • CraftedActions.atn Sample Action set includes an example Watermarking action
  • Sample Actions.txt Photoshop CraftedActions set saved as a text file.
  • 12 Scripts for actions

Example

http://www.mouseprints.net/old/dpr/WM900x600.jpg

Download

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not been able to get past step one. I have my logo created with a white background. I have folowed the instructions: "...go to the menu bar and select/ color range select the type".

I can’t load the page, but that sound like the tutorial is either way old or …

Why would one create the logo on white and not simply on a layer of its own and foregoe unnecessary edge degredation by selection Color Range?

Anyway you are supposed to selcet the item »Selection« in the menu bar and navigate to the item »Color Range«.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2012 Jan 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My logo is original artwork b4 MAC or PC days. That is why it is black line drawing on white bacground (bitmap). Photoshop should be a very good tool to handle that and convert the artwork logo into a watermark.

The correct link is:

http://www.dpchallenge.com/tutorial.php?TUTORIAL_ID=64

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason the link does not work. I will type it out longhand:

http://www.dpchallenge.com/tutorial.php?TUTORIAL_ID=64

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2012 Jan 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the page you linked to:

Make sure the canvas is at least 7000x7000 ppi, with a 300 resolution with a white back ground.

ppi is a unit for resolution.

After typing the watermark in black, go to the menu bar and select/ color range select the type.

What a peculiar waste of time that seems to be – if you type the logo you can just as well use a Type Layer right from the start.

Anyway, if you have a logo in black on white simply load the opacity (ctrl-click the composite channel) or one of the channels (ctrl-alt-4 for red etc.), invert the Selection (Select > Inverse) and create a Solid Color Layer (Layer > New Fill Layer > …).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more thing: If the logo has sharp edges you should consider recreating it as a Path.

A Path can be included in an Action (Insert Path from the Actions Panels fly-out menu) and therefore the Action would not need an external file, a construction that can proof risky when transfering to another station.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I do not have the correct software to view the videos yet. Is there a book that describes the watermark process? You tube videos have been fairly fuzzy and difficult to make out the words and tabs of the display of the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You may want to check out my crafting action package it contains a sample action the demos how tou cab watermark ant size image usine three methods.

Crafting Actions Package

Contains

• Action Actions Palette Tips.txt
  • Action Creation Guidelines.txt
  • Action Dealing with Image Size.txt
  • Action Enhanced via Scripted Photoshop Functions.txt
  • CraftedActions.atn Sample Action set includes an example Watermarking action
  • Sample Actions.txt Photoshop CraftedActions set saved as a text file.
  • 12 Scripts for actions

Example

http://www.mouseprints.net/old/dpr/WM900x600.jpg

Download

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines