Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with page X of Y in a Branched project

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2012 Jan 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI

I am planning a project that is going to contain the course content on one branch and 2 other branches for Help and Glossary. I would like to have a page counter ( page x of y) on each branch that only reports the page counts for the respective branch.

The intent is the Help and Glossary are available during the course content and when accessed the student can return to the last viewed course slide once finished with the Help or Glossary.

Is Branching the best approach for this sort of interaction?

I have have also seen this post http://forums.adobe.com/message/4061499 and wonder if this is the best method for getting the page counter to work or is there another way.

Cheers

Craig

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's nothing wrong with using branching, except (as you have found) it will mean that your slide count will look a bit odd.

The link you included above explains a way to organise the slide numbering via variables and that would be the way I would suggest you did it as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ron

I have set it up and got it working. I did need to setup the On Entry action for each slide to callup the Advanced Action. Is this correct? Doesn't this limit the use of future advanced actions in my course?

Is there a way to get the Advanced Action to run in the background of all the slides?

Cheers

Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can still use the same event to trigger more than one Advanced Action. 

You just need to add the other Advanced Actions on separate lines in the AA dialog.

In most courses there aren't usually a lot of Advanced Actions triggered via OnSlideEnter for every slide.  So I would recommend you have a default SlideEntryFunctions Conditional Advanced Action and use this repeatedly on each slide.  Just add items to this as separately named actions.  This gives you the freedom to change one without bothering the others, and it also means you can test for more than one condition.  If you want the Conditional Action to function more or less like a standard action, just use If 1=1 as your Condition.  It will always be true and the action will get executed regardless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply Ron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources