• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MP4 supported?

Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2009 Nov 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone had any experience with using video files in MP4 format in their help files? I'd like to use this format if possible to add some videos/tutorials to my help files due to its much smaller size. I've currently been tryig to add Captivate videos to the help files and these are quite large, which has caused the help file size to increase considerably.

On the other hand, if there's a way to use the Captivate videos in the help files w/o making the files so large, I'd be interested in any solutions for that as well.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Best Regards,

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 03, 2009 Nov 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can embed a load of files in your project, the users computer does need to have the correct programs/codecs to view them. To add a video file, add it as a baggage file. Then (in rh7 anyway) click Insert, HTML, Advanced, ActiveX Control. Then pick the element you want, probably Windows Media Player. The control is added to your topic. Double click to set the video file and the properties of the control. When you click Add, you can set a number of controls and a value for the control.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 04, 2012 Jan 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Willam - This is promising information to a novice like me.  I still need the next step: associating the video in baggage files with the active X control. 

I don't see where to associate the appropriate media along with the video controller.  I chose Apple QuickTime Control 2.0. This is what I see when I click the Active X Control in my topic. My video file is called, demo1.m4v

activeX.png

Much appreciated!   I will test the m4v format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 04, 2012 Jan 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

You're going to have quite a few of those. You can also directly add the code in HTML mode to your topic. The following two sites have good example code that you can use. Just rename the video file to play:

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp