Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hold first slide until ready

Contributor ,
Jan 04, 2012 Jan 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate v4

I need to be able to open a project on slide 1 but as soon as the slide is open it must not run and wait until I have clciked and "invisible" area on the slide to start the project.

Reason is i want to use the first slide as "intro" whilst audience are getting sorted and once they are ready I can start the project.

I have tried adding a click box at the start but this does not seem to halt the slide as soon as it starts.

Can anyone help me please with this - I am sure it is something simple, but is just escaping me.

Noel

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 04, 2012 Jan 04, 2012

Noel, another option you might want to think about is just to deselect the Auto Play option in the Project Start and End preferences.  That will give you a button on the very first slide that you have to click to begin.  Only problem is, you cannot modify the position or appearance of this button, and the slide behind it will probably be somewhat faded out.  Just a thought.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest that you make your very first slide a plain blank slide of a second or two in duration and then put your secret click box at the very beginning of the SECOND slide instead.

I find it's too unreliable having interactive elements too close to the beginning of a project.  Also make sure your clickbox doesn't have a default fade in transition applied to it as this can also affect whether or not it will work when you want it to.  There's no reason to have a fade in on something which is invisible anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again,

The idea is to use the CBT as a customer demo of our company's global tracking system.

What my idea was to have the fist slide on display that shows company logo...title of the upcoming "presentation" etc.

This would be on display on a large screen whilst people get settled, and then when they are ready, one click on the slide starts the audio on first slide welcoming them etc and then moving onto next slides etc.

Think I may have cracked it by dragging the audio one seconf away from the start of the slide and putting click box to appear from 0.0 and stop at 1.0 sec.

Do you see a problem with this idea ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it works, run with it.  My suggestion was probably more relevant to Captivate modules that had to load over the internet or network before playing.  Some projects need to "get their stuff together" before they work well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rod,

No...I am going with your first suggestion. I have created a duplicate of start slide. The first has no audio and will be "held" until trainer click on the slide - which moves to next slide (looks exactly same) but has audio on it - so will appear as if we started from first slide.

Thanks again..

Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noel, another option you might want to think about is just to deselect the Auto Play option in the Project Start and End preferences.  That will give you a button on the very first slide that you have to click to begin.  Only problem is, you cannot modify the position or appearance of this button, and the slide behind it will probably be somewhat faded out.  Just a thought.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good suggestion Rod. I tried it and in fact it does not look too bad.

Thanks again...

Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources