• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Index doesn't work if PDF file resides in RoboHelp Project

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2012 Jan 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I create a RH8 project and publish, the index works as it should.  Each keystroke will change where you are in the Index. If I put a .PDF file in the project, the Index doesn't work -- it no longer recognizes keystrokes and you can only scroll through it.

Does RoboHelp not support PDF files within the project?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I'm wondering if it could be a red herring? I've never seen this behavior myself.

How are you adding the PDF file into the mix? As Baggage or by importing?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is news to me as well, but the Adobe Support is telling me this is the reason why the Index doesn’t work.

Using R?H8 and RoboSource Control. We normally Copy the PDF file into the project the check-in to SourceControl. On the topic, we link to the PDF. After publishing, the file is viewable and looks fine, but the index stops working. As soon as I remove the PDF file from the project, everything works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

I'm assuming here that you are creating WebHelp? And if so, do you notice whether there is a difference in behavior when you test locally as opposed to after publishing to the server?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2012 Jan 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here’s the strange part. This all started when we realized the usage reports were not working – data never updated to the database.

When I publish to the server and view the project from the Server the Index and Search work correctly and the UI looks correct, BUT you can run usage reports – no data. The URL that is generated when you publish and view from the Admin Panel is not a URL for the end-user.

Once we (IT and AdobeSupport) creates the ‘end-user’ URL, the Index and Search no longer work and the UI is not correct, but the data now updates to the database so we can get usage reports.

I did find out there is a bug for Search issue bug#2972703. Adobe is trying to resolve the index issue. They had me delete all PDF files from the project and republish. Same results: the index will work if viewing the project via the Admin panel, but once I view using the end user URL, it fails.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 06, 2012 Jan 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ummm, did I hear you say "Usage Reports"?

That sems to indicate that you are publishing to RoboHelp Server, no? And that piece of information would have been nice to know up front. Please click here for more on why.

If you are indeed using the RoboHelp Server, I'm going to move this thread over into that forum category. But I'll wait to hear back with a confirmation from you before I do.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp