• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Attention Mac 10.7.2 users that are crashing with Adobe AIR - SOLUTION

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2012 Jan 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are aware of the crashes that can occur with late model Apple computers running 10.7.2 and have worked closely with Apple to address this issue.  If you find that AIR is crashing on your system, please update to OS 10.7.3.  If you still encounter issues please create a new thread and include your crash log for further examination.

If you had previously disabled "Automatic graphics switching" (see screenshot below), you should now be able to safely re-enable this feature without impacting AIR performance.

• Open System Preferences, select Energy Saver and enable Automatic graphics switching

2012-01-06_11-25-59.png

Thank you,

Chris

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2012 Mar 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is NOT a solution!

The Problem persists, even after the update and restarting of Mac-OSX 10.7.3!!

Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 06, 2012 Mar 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you create a new thread and include your crash log?  I suspect you're running into something different.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2012 Mar 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that's Chris's information is accurate, at least for my company's application, which is built using Adobe AIR.  With "Automatic graphics switching" turned on (and no Chrome or Firefox running), AIR apps would crash upon launch with Mac Lion 10.7.2.  After upgrading to Lion 10.7.3, the apps launch normally. Thanks for working this out with Apple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2012 Mar 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Chris: I decided to not create another thread.

The Error-Log:

<snip>

26.03.12 12:53:14,801 Adobe AIR Installer: Runtime Installer begin with version 3.1.0.4880 on Mac OS 10.7.3 x86

26.03.12 12:53:14,801 Adobe AIR Installer: Commandline is: -psn_0_2744990

26.03.12 12:53:14,801 Adobe AIR Installer: No installed runtime detected

</snip>

This, esp. "No installer runtime detected" I notice since SnowLeopard (at least).

And so, no I don't think you worked out anything out with apple.

What I tried so far is:

Started Chrome Yes & No

Fresh system start Yes & No

Automatic graphic switching On & Off

All above in any combination

much more...

Your help would be very much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines