Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Flash Audio

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2012 Jan 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have zero flash audio on all software. I am sure this issue is seen quite a bit. But I can assure you, I have scoured the internet for weeks and tried every single solution I have come across. I still have yet to resolve it. The closest guess I can make, is there is a corrupted file somewhere (i have replaced the ones i know of) that is causing this.

I can tell you it is not a browser issue, as I have a .swf on my desktop that also has zero audio when opened. I have tried the registry fix, using CCleaner, reinstalling audio drivers, trying a completely different audio device, reinstalling flash completely from both Windows and Chrome/Firefox/IE, etc....

Here are some specs:

Windows XP SP 3

Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H Motherboard

AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+

Turtle Beach RIVIERA 5.1 Channels PCI Interface Sound Card (C-Media CMI8739 Codec)

Is there a listing somewhere that lists files Adobe flash uses for playback? Perhaps the installer is not overwriting them. Any help is appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for the reply!

i followed your link's instructions exactly. unfortunately, this did not resolve the issue. would you happen to have any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 07, 2012 Jan 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re-reading your original post I realize that you have no sound at all, not only in Flash Player - correct?

Check if sound is muted in the sound control console.

Check if your computer has a hardware volume control.

Or maybe something has become loose inside the computer?

These are all ideas from checking old no-audio posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I have audio in everything else! I can watch .avi and .flv, I can listen to .mp3.....only .swf has no audio. in a browser, OR locally.

thanks for replying again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also, i should add that flash plays VIDEO just fine...AUDIO is missing. been this way for weeks now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 08, 2012 Jan 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Start, then Run, type: DXDIAG and click OK. Then run all the tests to check for problems.

Use Gspot (v2.70a) to check the .swf file to determine any issues with it. It's a standalone app which means you don't have to install it. Download from here: http://www.headbands.com/gspot/v26x/index.htm

Click the button at the top shown by the arrow in the first screenshot and then navigate to the file location. In the next screenshot, click the button (#1) shown at the bottom to get an analysis. Then click button #2 which appears underneath to see if the file with play. You can also hover the mouse over the results in the analysis to get more info.

gspot.PNG

gspot2.PNG

gspot3.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2012 Jan 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the reply Xircal. after following your instructions exactly, DXDIAG reported zero issues (tested everything). GSpot 2.70 reported no issues with any .swf files i threw at it. Thanks for trying though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2012 Jan 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so, i guess this one truly is an unsolvable mystery

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2012 Jan 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not worry Banditzz, I am having exactly the same problem right now, it just struck me last night.

I have searched high and low for a solution to this problem without success.  Have you found others with this problem?

I have a friend that should be helping me this monday, Ill post here if i find a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2012 Apr 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey Diablos

i havent really met anyone else with the same issue, no.

if your friend isnt able to help, maybe we could post some pc stats/specs and compare...are you on XP?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could one of you guys (or both) open a new bug on this over at bugbase.adobe.com?  Please include a copy of your dxdiag report, browser/flash player versions, and an approximate time when this started occurring.  I'd also recommend adding a link to this thread in the bug report and posting back here with the bug's url.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

chris: thanks for looking. here is the link to the bug report:

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3159024

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines