• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Install latest Adobe Flash Player but still are told that I need to install latest Flash Player!

New Here ,
Dec 25, 2011 Dec 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed the latest Adobe Flash Player several times, but I still receive the message that I need to install the latest Adobe Flash Player in order to view items on any website that requires Flash Player.  I have verified that the version of the program in the Control Panel: Programs is the latest version ---  11.1.102.55

Some websites say that I must install Adobe Flash Player in order to view the content on their website.  I can sometimes install the product and then go to the website and view whatever content I need to.  Today for some reason, I installed the product AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN and for some reason it is not being recognised.  How should I proceed and what can I do to make sure that you product downloads and installs and is recognised as being installed and what version is installed.  I did not have this problem with version 10 of you product and have only gotten this message since I had to install "the latest version".

Thanks for any help that you can give me...  This is so frustrating and now I can't view content for websites that I must get to.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jan 03, 2012 Jan 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When posting, please provide:

• Operating system version (including 32bit or 64bit edition) 
  • Web browser and version (including 32bit or 64bit edition) 
  • The Flash Player version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 07, 2012 Jan 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is jacqmar, I wanted to say I'm having similar problems with Flash Player.  I have  a 64 bit, IE 9, and the latest version of Adobe Flash Player.  The settings mgr says I have the Active X version, but not the plug in version  installed.  I need the plug in version in able to view certain videos on websites such as CNN.  I disabled Active X filtering while downloading Adobe FP and still not plug in version.  What am I doing wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The plug-in version of Flash Player is for browsers other than Internet Explorer. 

Enabling Flash Player in Internet Explorer 9

Since the Flash Player for Internet Explorer is an activex add-on, active x filtering must be turned off to view videos.

ActiveX Filtering in Internet Explorer 9

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  I have spent lots of time searching for answers, never did I find what you told me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a windows 7 64bit machine and use firefox and I get the same gibberish...I have tried every solution on the forum without success...MUCH too hard to fix...could someone using actual non geek english provide a step by step fix for this???

I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I have checked the firefox plugin...

Please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 12, 2012 Jan 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

james1776 wrote:

I have a windows 7 64bit machine and use firefox and I get the same gibberish...

I don't understand what you mean.  The best way to get help here is to start your own topic, and give a detailed description of your environment and problem you encounter.

It is very difficult to help different people with different problems in one and the same topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Carl and Jacqmar for your post.  James I hope you get the non geek help you need.  I did the 2 things mentioned above for Internet Explorer 9 and it still did not seem to work.  After I Shut Down and rebooted my machine, I did not have the problem anymore.  For some reason, I get the BLANK screens on certain context.  Don't know if it's a related problem or what is happening.  THANKS A BUNCH FOR YOUR HELP!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason, I get the BLANK screens on certain context.

What is the address of these sites where you get blank screens?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2012 Jan 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no answer to this problem?? I do not see how it does Adobe an good to have a player that does not play

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2012 Jan 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had same problem what i did was i did a disk clean up followed by disk defragmenter, dont know why but it fixed my problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines