• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

problem updating flash player xp and ie7

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2012 Jan 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to update my flash player.  I am still on windows xp and IE 7.   when I download from a direct link I get an error message not a valid application with win 32?

any ideas on how to fix this?  thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 05, 2012 Jan 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Not a valid application" means that the download is corrupted.  Download it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2012 Jan 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, but I tried many times

scott

[private information removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jan 06, 2012 Jan 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2012 Jan 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still getting the error message... not a valid win32 application. thanks anyway

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you downloaded the file from Carl's link above, what is the exact file size?

It should be: 3,800,224 bytes.  If it is not, then the file has been corrupted during the download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its 395 kb, why is it corrupted?

I have turned off microsoft essentials and avast when downloading.

scott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not know; maybe your internet connection?

Are you in the UK, by any chance?  There were some reports some time ago that some people in the UK had difficulties downloading anything from the FP download servers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2012 Jan 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in CA

scott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ensure that you are trying to run a file named install_flash_player_11_active_x_32bit.exe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there is no .exe on the end, should I type that in when I download?

scott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not worry about the .exe extension, the default in Windows is to hide known file extensions.  Just make sure that the downloaded file on your hard drive that you are trying to run is named install_flash_player_11_active_x_32bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is but Wat says it does not have enought bytes.  I will have a friend download it and email it to me.

scott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most email clients will not allow .exe attachments (because of potential malware threats).

Your friend will have to compress it into a ZIP file to mail it.  Or use a file exchange service like Dropbox or Adobe Sendnow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2012 Jan 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

She saved it without the exe and renamed the file after download. I was able to install it and video is working better - I was able to watch Terra Nova on Fox.com, but still can't watch the latest episode of revenge on ABC. The problem is the commercials freeze.

Will check the videos on cnet reviews. next.

scott

Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2012 17:24:48 -0700

To: scott_opis@hotmail.com

Subject: problem updating flash player xp and ie7

Re: problem updating flash player xp and ie7 created by ʇɐb ɹəuəllıʍ in Installing Flash Player - View the full discussion

Most email clients will not allow .exe attachments (because of potential malware threats).

Your friend will have to compress it into a ZIP file to mail it. Or use a file exchange service like Dropbox or Adobe Sendnow.

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Installing Flash Player by email or at Adobe Forums

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines