16 Replies Latest reply on Feb 14, 2012 4:04 PM by lasvideo

Error Compiling Movie  Unknown Error

Flipped Nickel Level 1

Greetings,

I have been trying to pinpoint a problem I have been having rendering sequences in CS5.5.1.

I am currently shooting AVCHD 1080p/23.976 using Adobe Sequences Settings that match.

I get this error on various projects. My workflow preference is to be able to render a sequence as a backup in its original form.

This error occurs when I select the Match Sequence Settings checkbox and whether the render at maximum depth is checked or not.

I have experimented with many different render options and have no problems rendering uncompressed avi/quicktime etc, but the file sizes are too large for me to deal with.

I have tried optimize for memory and performance settings, cleaned cache settings etc. Sometimes I can get it to render by copying to a new sequence, but not always. I have had issues with the Premiere Titler generating corrupt titles in the past, but this time it is not the case. (Also note that Harm Millard has some excellent advice on this subject regarding corrupt fonts, and many other subjects.)

At this point I seem to have narrowed it down to the Mercury Playback Engine. Disabling this and rendering seems to be the cure but the wait time is long. I have also tested rendering to different drives(Raid and Non Raid.) Have others been experiencing these issues as well? All other aspects of editing and preview are working great and this machine just flies through this material with no problem.  I really love working with Mercury Playback enabled. If I can just get this figured out I will be a very happy camper.

I am using an Nvidia 560 TI with 2 gigs V ram using driver version 285.62. The rest of my system is as follows.

Operating System

MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1

CPU

Intel Core i7 920  @ 2.67GHz    36 °C

Bloomfield 45nm Technology

RAM

12.0 GB Triple-Channel DDR3 @ 534MHz (8-8-8-20)

Motherboard

ASUSTeK Computer INC. P6T DELUXE V2 (LGA1366)    31 °C

Graphics

FPD2185W (1680x1050@59Hz)

FPD2185W (1680x1050@59Hz)

2048MB GeForce GTX 560 Ti (EVGA)    33 °C

Hard Drives

488GB Video E (RAID)

977GB Western Digital WDC WD1001FAES-22W7A0 (SATA)    35 °C

244GB Western Digital WDC WD2500AAKS-00UU3A0 (SATA)    32 °C

Optical Drives

HL-DT-ST BD-RE  BH08LS20