• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Add A Transition Effect?

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2012 Jan 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've managed to add a Transition Effect to my timeline and I can't seem to add it to several spots in the timeline.  I'm a complete Noob to Effects.  What am I not doing that I should be doing?  I've captured video and had to stop it several times, then start capture again.  There appear to be markers on the video clips that I can't attach an effect to.  I've uploaded an image so you can see my issue in detail.

Markers Transition Issue.JPG

See the red circles?  Those markers where the spilts took place, seem to by my problem.  Any help would be appreciated.  I'm trying to attach a simple Cross Dissolve transition to the splits.  I can't attach one to the right of the split, but not centered.  Any help I can get, would be appreciated.

(edit)

I've managed to find a work around to the problem I'm having.  Apparently, the clips that I have split, were over lapping a bit.  that's why I couldn't attach an effect to the clip.  Still couldn't center the effect tthough between the two clips.  It worked out in the end though.  Those markers were still there too.  Not sure what's up with that.

Message was edited by: rlh111

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 08, 2012 Jan 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zoom right in to the single frame level where you've placed your red circles. It may be that you have introduced gaps in the timeline.

Cheers,
--
Neale
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 08, 2012 Jan 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should be able to place the effect before, centered or after the cut line by right clicking on the effect in the timeline, choose properties and select either position from the drop down box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines