• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 9 Search: Error: Failed to load xml file, but only on W,X,Y, and Z

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2012 Jan 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, this is more than just a bit weird. When I use the Search feature in my WebHelp files (after they have been compiled into our product), it appears to work fine, finding results and giving me the expected No Topics Found message when no results are returned. Except when I search for anything beginning with the letters W, X, Y, or Z, which is when I receive the Error: Failed to load xml file message. Anytime anyone sees the word Error it's a big deal, right?.

To be clear, I do not encounter this problem when looking at the WebHelp files on my computer, but only when the files are compiled into our product. So you would think that it's our application (which I'm not saying it isn't).

Has anyone seen this or do you have some idea what's going on? Why would help work fine on all but the last four letters of the alphabet?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2012 Jan 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does the search work before the help is incorporated into the product? It looks like maybe the developers have not uploaded all the internal files.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp