Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Glossary does not appear in merged project

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2006 Sep 26, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using RHX5 to produce help in HTML chm format. I have 14 separate projects which are merged into a master project, due to a bug in RH in which the table of contents does not display correctly I use HTML Help Workshop to compile the master project.
One of the 14 projects has glossary entries and so far I have been unable to make the glossary entries appear in the master project when it is compiled in HTML Help Workshop.

I have registered the hhactivex.dll.
I checked the glossary checkbox in the windows setup in both the individual project and the master and I added a glossary entry to the master project.

When I compile the project using RH then all the glossary entries appear but the table of contents is messed up.
When I compile the project using HTML Help Workshop then only the single glossary entry from the master project appears.

Anyone have any idea how to solve this problem?

TIA
Morven

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Morven. When you say your TOC is messed up are you referring to the problem where the merged projects appear as a book within a book? If so, click here for a method to get around it and use RH to compile your output. If this is not the problem to which you refer, I'll crawl back under my stone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Colum,

The TOC problem is that everything appears at one level - books and topics. I first hit this TOC problem a couple of years ago and tried messing around with the </ul> tag - but never got it to work so the advice then and the easiest solution was just to compile it in HTML Helpworkshop. We have a release this Friday and next so I will try the link to the method you suggest after these two releases. The glossary issue is new for me as until now I did not have a glossary in the merged project.

Thanks
Morven

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp