• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

View Selected Item no longer working?

Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2012 Jan 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently at RoboHelp HTML v9.0.2.271, having updated just last week. I wanted to show a user what the topic would look like in the help and clicked the View Selected Item topic (the one that looks like a pair of eyeglasses) and nothing happened. I've been using it all along. Did something change in 9.0.2, or have I done something so that it doesn't display?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 10, 2012 Jan 10, 2012

See Item 61 at http://www.grainge.org/pages/snippets/snippets.htm

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right-clicking the topic in the TOC and then selecting Preview Topic doesn't work, either.

Any ideas what I could try next?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Select workspace option at the Extreme Top Right of the Window and Select Default. And test the View option again.

Also try opening other projects to see if the functionaly is malfunction on a specific project or all of them

Thanks,

Anjaneai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Workspace is already at default. (There aren't any other workspaces defined, so I couldn't try switching to another and then back to default.)

I tried two other projects: the EmployeeCare example that comes with RoboHelp HTML, and a test project. The topic preview (or "view selected item") doesn't work there, either. (Good suggestion, though. I didn't think of that.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See Item 61 at http://www.grainge.org/pages/snippets/snippets.htm

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter, that's it! The Alt-Space, Alt-M (or Alt-Space-M) did it. I'm actually familiar with that problem-solver because I use dual monitors both at the client and at home, but when I have to hook up to a projector for a meeting, Firefox is off in la-la-la land. (That is, it's on the secondary monitor, which is no longer connected.)

I'm guessing that's what happened here: I had it on the secondary monitor, disconnected for a meeting, and RH couldn't find it.

Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

For what it's worth, I've had it happen with a second monitor nowhere in sight. And when it did, and I examined the registry values (before Amebr posted her very straightforward and simple solution) the screen coordinates were what I referred to as "your computer's equivalent to Pluto". As they were astronomically high.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW, loved your comment there about Pluto 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2012 Jun 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arggh! This is happening again, but this time I can't fix it.

I'm still on 9.0.2.271.

I click the eyeglass icon (for topic preview) and nothing happens.

I read my reply to Peter about Alt-space, Alt-M, but that didn't work. I tried to find the hint again on the Snippets page on Peter's site, but can't.

Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Item 10 http://www.grainge.org/pages/snippets/snippets.htm#robohtml

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that didn't work this time. The entire RoboHelp window moved around.

I know that seems like I didn't have the eyeglasses selected, but I did; I even held my mouse still with one hand while I did the keyboard shortcuts with the other hand.

I also tried doing it while holding the mouse button down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll get the IT guys to do the registry magic that Rick Stone suggested on your snippets page. (This machine belongs to the client and I don't want to play with the registry.)

I'll let you know how it goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2012 Jun 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Success!

However, on Windows 7, the registry key appears to have moved a bit. He found it at

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\RoboHTML\9.00\MontereyFrame\

instead of

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\9.00\RoboHTML\9.00\MontereyFrame\

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp