5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 12, 2012 4:09 AM by Christophe_Jossic RSS

Update problems in published app

Neele Meier

Hello,

I made an update of some articles of the folio, two articles were deleted and replaced with two new articles.

I saw the update in the content viewer correctly.

I went to digitalpublishing.acrobat.com and updated the folio.

Now I see the update in den "real" version in the content viewer correctly, but I see no update in the app.

What can I do?

Neele

• 1. Re: Update problems in published app
          Christophe_Jossic Adobe Employee

Is it a single-issue viewer you have?.. in which case you'd have to re-submit you app together with the new folio.

• 2. Re: Update problems in published app
            Neele Meier Community Member

We have a multi-folio app.

Am 11.01.2012 um 15:30 schrieb Christophe_Jossic:

Re: Update problems in published app

created by Christophe_Jossic in Digital Publishing Suite - View the full discussion

Is it a single-issue viewer you have?.. in which case you'd have to re-submit you app together with the new folio.

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4132270#4132270

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/4132270#4132270. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Digital Publishing Suite by email or at Adobe Forums

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

• 3. Re: Update problems in published app

I believe I've seen this before for a V15 app ... rebuilding the viewer to V17 heped in that particular case.

What happens in the developer build *.ipa file?

Thanks

Message was edited by: Christophe_Jossic

• 4. Re: Update problems in published app
                Neele Meier Community Member

I mean the Live App, that is published 3 weeks ago.

It's a V17App.

The problem exists in the Apple and the Android version.

A new discovery:

When you install the app again and download the magazine again, you get the update.

Thank you for helping!

Am 11.01.2012 um 16:48 schrieb Christophe_Jossic:

Re: Update problems in published app

created by Christophe_Jossic in Digital Publishing Suite - View the full discussion

I believe I've seen this before for a V15 app ... rebuilding the viewer to V17 heped in that particular case.

Also when you mention App, do you mean the Live App on the app Store or the developer build?

Thanks

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4132508#4132508

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/4132508#4132508. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Digital Publishing Suite by email or at Adobe Forums

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

• 5. Re: Update problems in published app

Copying the annoucement from the Home page as this could still apply to you if built with the Viewer Version set to v15 from Viewer Builder version 1.7.0.

Have a look at the steps below and let me know.

If not, polease check your private messages as I'll need some more details - Thanks

ANNOUNCEMENT:
                  Apps build on v15a viewer code should be upgraded to v17 or later.

There are two significant issues which affect the v15a code base. This would be if you built with the Viewer Version set to v15 from Viewer Builder version 1.7.0. You can check to see if your app is built on this code base by doing the following:

1. Launch the app and open any folio.
                  2. While viewing the folio, tap on a non-interactive area of a page to bring up the navigation tools.
                  3. Double click on the name of the application in the top navigation bar.
                  4. Affected apps will show a version 2.1.0.x.x.

Adobe recommends that affected customers rebuild their application to use v17 or later Viewer Version in Viewer Builder 1.7.0 or later. This will resolve the following issues::

No analytics reported | v15-based viewer apps | Digital Publishing Suite (cpsid_92793).

Users are not notified of folio updates, or updates do not download | Digital Publishing Suite (cpsid_92844).