• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH9 Is there a "no cache" switch?

Participant ,
Jan 11, 2012 Jan 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're having problems immediately seeing some topics live because of cache issues on the proxy server. My programmer asked me to poke around in the project to see if there was a switch in the primary layout that would make "no cache" the default for all of the topics, but we couldn't find it.

He does NOT want me to copy/paste "no cache" HTML code into the individual topics because he said the code may go away with future updates.

Is there some setting I can use to do this?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Sorry, but there is no setting I'm aware of for this.

Please feel free to suggest it! (Use the Wish Form link in my sig)

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

There's no option that I know of. A solution may be: You can use a search and replace operation on your output to quickly replace all occurances of <head> with <head><META HTTP-EQUIV="CACHE-CONTROL" CONTENT="NO-CACHE">. This will add the required HTML code in your output, but when you generate your output again you need to execute the search and replace operation again.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best option available as of now is to use extendscript to make change in the output files. this way each time the output is generated, the script will patch all files, and at any point in time you can change the script as required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 12, 2012 Jan 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add to my reply, I created an extendscript to add no cache meta data in the output files. I am attaching the file, so that any RoboHelp user who wants to use this script can download and use it,

1. Download the attached script file from URL provided https://workspaces.acrobat.com/app.html#d=z5FcCv0r*s5kvU6IIXuXTw
  2. Open RoboHTML 9
  3. Go to View >Pods >Script Explorer
  4. This will open a script explorer pod, right click on the pod and select import option, and browse to the downloaded script file
  5. NoCacheMeta script file will now show in the script explorer.
  6. Open the project where you want to run this script, Right click on the NoCacheMeta Script file shown in the script explorer, and select Run menu option.
  7. It will run the script file, which will show a UI to select the SSL which will be generated, and after generation, it will automatically add the no cache meta information to the output files.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Praful Jain

Adobe RoboHelp Team

Message was edited by Peter Grainge to fix link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 27, 2013 Aug 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link doesnt work anymore - does anyone have a copy of this script as i could do with it

Thanks

James

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try again. I have updated the link.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

got it - excellent - Many Thanks

James

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp