• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH9 Search highlighting color won't stick

Participant ,
Jan 12, 2012 Jan 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you use the Search feature and select "Highlight search results" the default color is gray. The word or phrase you're searching for displays in gray in all the topics in your search results.

From a usability standpoint, gray is a really bad color for highlighting. People are used to yellow, so if they saw that they would know what it means. Other colors would also send the correct message. But I kept getting emails from people asking me what's wrong with the online help because their screen was peppered with gray splotches.

So I went in and changed the highlighting color in the Webhelp > Search > Search Options dialog. All was well, until the next time I compiled the project. The color choice reverted to gray. Apparently you must go in and make your color choice EVERY TIME you update a project. If Adobe had chosen any color but gray as the default, I'd just leave it.

This is a problem because my project consists of one parent and about 20 child projects. I went in and changed the search highlighting color in all 21 projects, only to learn that the ones I'd since updated were displaying their highlights in gray. So users were getting blue highlights in some search results topics, and gray in others. It shouldn't do this.

If there's a fix, please advise.

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tested in both RoboHelp 8 and 9 and it is holding the saved colour.

Is the project on your local drive?

Have you tested with a new project?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the thing. It saved the change for a while, and then reverted back. I don't know when or why or how, just that it was okay, and then changed by itself.

Did you close Robohelp and reopen it before you tried it again? Maybe that's what did it. This is one of those things that people would need to test at Adobe - I'll report it as a bug, or request that they AT LEAST change the default color to anything but gray.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just reopened the project and the highlight colour was still OK. No one else has reported this, hence my asking you to try a new project.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Hopefully Peter won't mind my offering another possible suggestion.

Try creating a new Single Source Layout. Just right-click the Single Source Layouts pod and create a new layout. My thought here is that perhaps the file holding the recipe for that layout may have somehow become a bit corrupt and creating a new SSL recipe may make things finally "stick".

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp