Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Existing PDF into Extendable fillable form

Former Community Member

I have an existing PDF with fillable fields.  Now I need to make some of these fillable fields extendable.  I have learned that I need to open these existing PDF's into LiveCycle and create SubForms and make them Flowable.  Which then loses most of the formatting the existing PDF has.   In essence,  am I just recreating the PDF since I lose most of the formatting due to making the subforms and the page flowable for the extending of form fields to work???  This has been extremely frustrating.  Any information is appreciated.

4 Replies

Level 10

One option is wrap the fields into subforms with "Positioned". Wrap the extendable fields into subforms with "Flowed". You can do a mix of both to achieve this with out re-developing the PDF.

If you are still not clear, may be you can send me the PDF and mention which fields need to be flowed and which are need to have the same alingment, then I can try to help you.

Send it to LiveCycle9@gmail.com

Thanks

Srini

Former Community Member

Thanks for your quick response Srini.

I have done this but in order for the fields to extend onto another page....I would have to set the page as "Flowed"  which then loses all the formattin.  Which will cause me to reformat the pdf.   Correct?

Level 10

You can still achieve this with out reformatting the PDF. Setting up the Page to be Flowed is the last change you do. Before that you need to wrap all the fields into "Positioned" subformed based on their alignment.

Your heirarchy might looks like this after the changes.

Page1 (Flowed)

Subform 1     (Positioned) Holds Static Fields

Subform 2     (Flowed) Holds Expandable Fields    

Subform 3     (Positioned) Holds Static Fields

Subform 4     (Positioned) Holds Static Fields

Subform 5     (Flowed) Holds Expandable Fields

Subform 6     (Positioned) Holds Static Fields

Thanks

Srini

Former Community Member

I don't think that will work because some of the static fields are below the expandable fields so they need to be able to move down as well.