• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Removing Frames in RoboHelp 5

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2012 Jan 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All - I recently came across a security concern in a help system maintained in Robohelp 5.  Basically, the site requires authentication and then passes it into the page. Robohelp must use frames within its framework. The use of frames in authenticated sites is not recommended and as mentioned is a security vulnerability.

Is it possible to remove frames in RH 5?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Chris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris

It may be possible, but it won't be easy. Heck, even the current RoboHelp 9 uses framesets in its WebHelp output.

Sounds like you need to create your own "framework" where things all exist in a single page? You could likely accomplish that by simply creating HTML pages with links to topics. Of course, you will need to forego the typical RoboHelp Table of Contents and Index and other niceties.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick, appreciate the info. So are you suggesting just not using a TOC/Index etc?  Or not even using RH at all maybe?  Meaning build a landing page in some other program such as Dreamweaver and then linking to all the individual topics I have?

I really appreciate the info and opinion, thanks.
Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, if framesets are out of the question, I suppose RoboHelp may not be your tool.

I believe that framesets are not part of HTML5, but that standard is still a moving target and evolving. So at some point I might imagine RoboHelp and other similar tools will have to find another approach. But most Help Authoring tools use the frameset approach.

Have you tried the AIR Help output? Maybe that will be better. There are two flavors. One you have to use RoboHelp to create an AIR install package and your users will install, the other is very similar to WebHelp, but I think it too uses Frames. Peter will probably be better to expound on that one.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello again

Sorry, but AIR help wasn't even a consideratiion for version X5 (assuming X5 here and not really "5"). I was stuck in thinking of today's world where AIR Help is a standard offering in RoboHelp 9.

Sorry for any confusion... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp