• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

64 bit Vista

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2012 Jan 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I bought my machine with 64 bit vista it came with both 32 and 64 bit versions of IE7 installed.  Flash only worked on the 32 bit version but that was ok.

When IE7 got too far out of date to work at some sites I upgraded to IE8 for the 64 bit version.  Without asking it also replaced the 32 bit version.  I then noticed Flash worked fine on both.  All went well until a couple of months ago when I started getting messages to upgrade to the new Flash player.  I put it off for a while because I'm a strong believer in "If it isn't broke don't fix it!"  When I finally gave in and installed the update I lost my ability to play Flash on my system.  I tried a system restore but there was no going back.

I see that the new version doesn't work with 64 bit vista, but I had something that was working and I would like it back.  There have got to be a million 64 bit vista machines out here and I can't believe we are just being written off.  There is no reason I should have to upgrade to windows 7 just to get something back that I had before.  Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use your 32-bit Internet Explorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that.  Opened 32 bit IE8 and checked that it was in fact the 32 bit version.  Installed the latest version of Flash and still no go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Enabling Flash Player in Internet Explorer 9

What files are in folder Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash ?

Did you use the 32-bit or 64-bit installer version of 11.1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Used the 32 bit installer with the 32 bit IE8.

flash.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have the 11.2 beta Flash Player installed.

• uninstall the beta with the uninstaller from the beta download site, then install the current release 11.1 player
  • or post your problem in the 11.2 beta forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do I get the uninstaller?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, downloaded uninstaller for 11.2 closed all windows and ran it.

Clicked on "how do I clean install."

Had already run uninstall so I didn't bother running it again.

restarted the computer

Step 4 I deleted all files remaining in

• C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash 
  • C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash

Couldn't find anything named

• %appdata%\Adobe\Flash Player 
  • %appdata%\Macromedia\Flash Player

Tried logging on to ask what they were talking about but couldn't get logged in.

Looked for “FlashPlayerCPLApp.cpl” in C:\Window\system32\ and C:\Windows\SysWOW64\

Didn't find any file by that name.

Clicked on where can I find Flash 11 at bottom of page.  Would be happy to go with 10 if that would work.

It was my understanding that with 64 bit Vista I had to use the 32 bit Flash with the 32 bit IE8

Installed 32 bit flash.  It said success but still wouldn't work with u-tube.

Do I need to uninstall again?

Where do I need to look for those %appdata% files?

Should I have gone with 64 bit flash?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2012 Jan 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found \Adobe\Flash Player  in C:\ Program Files (x86)\

Is that what they were talking about?

Still not finding \Macromedia\Flash Player in either C:\ Program Files (x86)\ or C:\ Program Files\

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bsr3997

Couldn't find anything named

Click Start, type %appdata%\Adobe\Flash Player, click Flash Player.

Click Start, type %appdatat%\Macromed\Flash Player, click Flash Player.

bsr3997

Found \Adobe\Flash Player in C:\ Program Files (x86)\

Is that what they were talking about?

NO!!!

What files are in folder Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash?

Start Internet Explorer, click Tools, click Manage Add-ons, change Show to All Add-ons. 

Is the Shockwave Flash Object Enabled?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please keep in mind that I don't work with this stuff every day.  I have worked with computers at home and at work since the days of dos3, so it isn't like I am without a clue, but some things need to be spelled out for me.

Since I did not find

before they probably still had something in them when I did the install.  I know they do now.  Do I need to start over with an uninstall and make sure they are cleaned out before the install?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

flash2.jpg

BTW, is there an easy way of listing what is in a directory here.  Tried to gut and past and got nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to this site and see if you have Flash Player working: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/155/tn_15507.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The little box says "get adobe flash player" so I would say it isn't working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start Internet Explorer, click Tools, click Manage Add-ons, change Show to All add-ons and ensure that the Shockwave Flash Object is enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is enabled

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Internet Explorer are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IE8

I have both 32 and 64 bit versions installed.  I have been using the 32 bit version to install flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start I.E.

Go to Manage Add-ons and change Show to All add-ons.

Disable all add-ons except for Shockwave Flash Object.

Does this solve the problem with Flash Player?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gotta tell you I'm not comfortable with the idea of disabling all add-ons, particularly ones like "Symantec Intrusion Prevention" which was there long before my problem with flash started.

flash6.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, you could uninstall what is currently installed and install a previous version.

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/142/tn_14266.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you answer some of the questions I asked above? like

The link for doing a clean install offered both 32 and 64 bit versions of Flash11 and Flash10.3

Was I correct to install the 32 bit version of flash, or could I have gone with the 64 bit version?

I went with Flash11, might Flash10.3 have been a better choice since this whole mess started when I updated to Flash11?

Will the 11.2 version work if I download it?

If so where should I get it?

Since I did not find

before they probably still had something in them when I did the install.  I know they do now.  Do I need to start over with an uninstall and make sure they are cleaned out before the install?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bsr3997 wrote:

Could you answer some of the questions I asked above? like

The link for doing a clean install offered both 32 and 64 bit versions of Flash11 and Flash10.3

Was I correct to install the 32 bit version of flash, or could I have gone with the 64 bit version?  32-bit.

I went with Flash11, might Flash10.3 have been a better choice since this whole mess started when I updated to Flash11?  I gave a link to archived versions of Flash in my previous post.

Will the 11.2 version work if I download it?  Something is wrong with your current settings,  if 11.1 would not work, doubtful that 11.2 would work.

If so where should I get it?  Adobe Labs

Since I did not find

before they probably still had something in them when I did the install.  I know they do now.  Do I need to start over with an uninstall and make sure they are cleaned out before the install?  Yes.  %appdata% is a shortcut for the path C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We seem to have gone through a time warp somewhere between 1:07 and 1:10

I will do the uninstall again.  It seems like the uninstaller needed depends on what is in there.  Could you provide a link to the uninstaller I need based on the info I provided at 9:50?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines