• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is the best Monitor for Video editing & Graphic Design?

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2012 Jan 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi every one,

I would like to find out what is the best monitor for video editing and graphic design that you recomend, I am trying to buy one but not sure which one is good and not expansive.

Thanks very much

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, which do you want?  Good, or inexpensive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good but not very expansive Just normal one, around $300 to $400

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well the best monitor is a lot more expensive than $300-$400.

In your budget range, you could get a Samsung P2770FH 27" 1080p

I tried one for video editing and graphics design and liked it so much I purchased two more.

$300 each.

Otherwise I would suggest Asus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2012 Jan 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for the help and advice..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw that review before I made my purchase and have found the monitor to be excellent for the value.

You can also look at http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-P2770FH-27-Inch-Monitor-Black/product-reviews/B0047A5QNK/ref=cm_cr_dp_...

Perhaps Cnet reviewed a bad monitor.

I use it for photoshop, Lightwave animation work, AE, PP5.5, in addition to some occassional gaming (Battlefield 3)

and couldn't be happier. Would purchase it again in a heartbeat.

Purchased mine from Tiger Direct, and also received a 5 yr warranty.

Best thing for you to do is to see the monitor(s) in person in stores in your area and then decide what is best for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have a Samsung P2770 (bought when my wife 'stole' my 24inch monitor to go to a dual monitor setup) and it works great for me

I don't want 2 monitors, so a single 27inch model just what I need... plenty of room for PPro, or I can have a Word document and a Text file open and side by side

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 11, 2012 Jan 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want 2 monitors, so a single 27inch model just what I need... plenty of room for PPro, or I can have a Word document and a Text file open and side by side

John,

That is personal taste and there is no discussing taste. However, from my perspective, and that is personal, I prefer 3840 x 1080 resolution with dual monitors over 1920 x 1080 with a single monitor, but that is because I very often have Firefox, Filezilla, Dreamweaver and some other applications open at the same time, switching between the Adobe forums, Gmail accounts, Notebook results from the PPBM5 data submissions, PPBM5 form submissions, MySQL access, phpadmin pages to update the database, the PPBM5 results pages and various DW .php pages for the maintenance of our database and switching back and forth between various versions of PR. I occasionally really run out of real estate with all these applications and could not consider a single monitor with only 1920 x 1080 resolution, even if it were a 105" screen. In the future I would even like to have a four monitor setup (with MPE hardware support) in a two by two configuration, so that I can freely move my application screens around.

If that happens, notice I say if and not when, my preference for a monitor would be something like 4 Samsung F2380 monitors. Small bezel, great display and panel, affordable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes... personal taste (and office cabinet design) means that I only use one monitor

When I am using PPro I have nothing else open... my current Win7 64bit computer would probably allow me to multi-task OK, but I just got in the habit of doing ONLY video when I am editing

When not in PPro, I often have a half dozen programs open to switch between tasks

Right now, I'm working on a novel, so have Word open for writing and a Text file beside it for plot & cast notes... Samsung 27inch works great for that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any recomendation if which one of these monitor are good for video/graphic editing....

1 - Dell Ultrasharp U2311H 23" Widescreen Monitor 1920-1080 IPS technology

2 - Acer G245 / 24 inch / Full HD 1080 LCD Monitor

Thank you very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 12, 2012 Jan 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when looking for a monitor above 24" I would recomend going for a Resolution of 2560x1400 for a 27" & 2560x1600 for 30"  Dell & HP have good monitors. They may cost alot more however think of it as an investment.

just wait and save up and buy a decent one.

Baz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2012 Jan 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Studio North: do you mean 2560x1440, because there is no such thing as 2560x1400.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 15, 2012 Jan 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, yes sorry my error

2560x1440 for 27"

Baz

Studio North

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines