• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing Word Documents Hanging

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2006 Sep 27, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently installed Robohelp X5 and was looking to import old Framemaker files. After converting the .fm files to Word documents (XP operating system), I went ahead and tried to import (Word Document Files) using Robohelp X5. Each import returns back the message; 'Word is not responding at this time'. Any reason why this problem occurs? I have tested the same imports on multiple PC's and get the same problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2006 Sep 27, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Welcome to the forum.

A number of possibilities but first how are you managing to to test this on multiple PCs?

Have you installed one copy on multiple PCs? I ask not because of any licence issues but because one of the most likely causes is the logon are you using. RH must be installed using YOUR logon and with admin rights attached at the time. There's a topic on my site about this.

The other possibility is you are using Word 2003 and you have not installed the updates as well.

If that doesn't fix it, look at the Print Issues topic. I know you are importing rather than printing but a number of the Word issues will have the same effect.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp