Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

java.lang.NullPointerException Animation start problem

Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2012 Jan 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

after I finally managed to install Flash Builder 4.6 , I am getting an error as shown in the screenshot, ech time I compile

'Animation start' has encountered a problem.

An internal error occurred.

java.lang.NullPointerException in FB 4.6

Screen shot 2012-01-10 at 10.54.04.png

This happens in a totally blank new project as well as in an existing older one, and in an Actionscript Mobile project as well as a Flex project.

Btw, I can still compile the project, and the console doesn't show the error. I haven't tried yet to package a mobile project  to see if that still works.

But it is quite annoying of course to get that error popup at every compile. Could this be a bug?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2012 Jan 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just packaged and uploaded  a project to my iPad. It works except that it doesn't listen to mouse events anymore

stage.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK,onClick);

The click event works when i compile on the desktop, but no luck with tapping the iPad to activate that listener...

Changing it to TouchEvent doesn't help.

I also uploaded the apk of the same project to my HTC, where the tapping does work correctly.

And when exporting to package an ipa and an apk file, i'm getting the error again, twice, for each platform once i guess.

Any idea where the Animation start error comes from?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2012 Jan 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was using the Eclipse app that comes with Flash Builder 4.6 in the eclipse folders.

Then I downloaded Eclipse 3.7.1 32 bit and ran the Adobe Flash Builder 4.6 Plug-in Utility in the Flash Builder uitilities folder,

like I used to to with previous Flash builder versions,

and this version of Eclipse with the FB plugin runs fine, all the problems are gone...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines