Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where do I start

Jan 12, 2012 Jan 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded a trial copy and need to get up and testing asap to evaluate what I can do.

My goal is to provide an initial technical printed manual for some custom software, with a goal to having that becoming a "help" system, possibly integrated into the software. I can learn fast, but I dont know which partof RoboHelp to start with.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 12, 2012 Jan 12, 2012

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 12, 2012 Jan 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 14, 2012 Jan 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect -  exactly what I needed - I got a basic help file CHM up and running in 3 hours using some existing word documents I cut and pasted. I should be able to get a demo to my client by Monday and try and convince him to pay for complete documentation the can pay for buying Robohelp

Your docs get right to the point and show me which type of help files  I need to use/generate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If you are wishing to integrate the Help with the application. The Context Sensitive Help should be helpful for that, http://help.adobe.com/en_US/robohelp/robohtml/WS5b3ccc516d4fbf351e63e3d11aff59c571-7fdf.html

You can generate Printed Documentation -- Check Peter Grainge's Website, explaining everything precisely,

http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/printing/rh9_printing.htm

Hope it you get a good start.!

Good Luck.

Thanks,

Anjaneai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Context Sensitive Help- I can generate the IDs now - but I have an issue with the inteface in the programming language I'm using, but thats not  a RoboHelp problem. Thanks for the link for printing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2012 Jan 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Whilst CHMs can be run from a server (with some registry hacking) and webhelp can be run locally, nowadays it is pretty much the case that webhelp is for server applications and CHMs or desktop AIR Help are for locally installed applications.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp