• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PEK files

Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2012 Jan 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded to CS5.5 and am suddenly finding my project folders littered with .pek files. They seem to appear whenever I import a file into a project.

Can anybody tell me what they are, and how to stop them appearing.

Is it safe to delete them?

Brian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 15, 2012 Jan 15, 2012

They are peak files and are automatically generated to be able to display audio wave forms in the time-line. You can't disable that and it is not advised to delete them, as you will no longer have waveforms in your time-line. Their location can be changed with the Edit/Preferences/Media/Media Cache options.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are peak files and are automatically generated to be able to display audio wave forms in the time-line. You can't disable that and it is not advised to delete them, as you will no longer have waveforms in your time-line. Their location can be changed with the Edit/Preferences/Media/Media Cache options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Harm, wow that that was quick.

I've just unticked the box about storing the files in the same location as the originals. Hopefully that will do the trick.

Many thanks again.

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Brian,

Besides the PEK files, there will also be CFA (Conformed Audio) files, which will be larger still. They are necessary to edit the Audio portion of your files. This ARTICLE goes into more detail.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines