• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Downloading errors and issues

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2012 Jan 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently having trouble downloading the newst version of flash player. It has been giving me two errors when the 'retreiving install' screen comes up. The first time it kept givingme an 'actionlist not found' error, which I think I have fixed. Now the screen just sits there, and gives me a 'running scripts' message every few minutes. I've gone through a lot of forums online, and nothing seems to be working. Can anyone help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jan 10, 2012 Jan 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2012 Jan 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying  to update Flash on Win XP, Firefox 3.6.25, Firefox 9.01 (tried both)

I've tried the direct download as well as the standard Download page, tried disabling AV, tried both the latest Flash 10 as well as the latest 11, tried on both browsers, cookies allowed, all Adobe scripting allowed, etc. Even tried a second computer, same OS, same browsers and settings. Same results.

First, the screenshots on the page that shows after clckiing the standard http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer Download Flashplayer page are not what shows on my screen. D/l's are saved directly to the desktop, not in the Download window.

Shouldn't matter. All other web sites d/l fine.

What arrives on the desktop is a file with the proper name, either the install_flash_player_11_plugin_32bit.exe (or 10 -- same result to follow)

or install_flashplayer10x32_mssd_aih.exe (or 11 -- same result).

2-click to run. Message: "Not a valid 32-bit Windows applcation." Properties repeatedly shows as 0 bytes. Open with Wordpad confirms empty file -- every time, which is many.

Once, it got halfway through the 768k file, then stopped d/ling.

I've spent more than five hours over two days on this. I remember when Adobe used to work. No download managers, no programs calling back to the Inernet (didn't work either, when it got that far), you just d/l an installer exe and it, uh, 'installed".

Broadband connection benchmarking at almost 9 Mbps down, even while attempting the Flash d/l.

Any ideas? If not, I'll have to stick with the existing version, and use special means to lock it down against the unpatched exploits.

TIA for any further info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the link in Carl's post above to download the full installer (its size should be 3,763,360 bytes (3.58MB)).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Download these two files.

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/uninstall_flash _player_32bit.exe

Flash Player for other browsers

Close browser.

Run the uninstaller.

Reboot.

Go to folder C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash and make sure folder Flash is empty.

Run the installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines