• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where is RoboHelp.exe?

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2012 Jan 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am upgrading from RB7.  In RB7 we used ..\RoboHelp\RoboHelp.exe as our executible for RH.  RoboHelp folder is missing and the only this I can find is RoboHTML.  Where is \RoboHelp and RoboHelp for Word? Is there simple documentation these changes and on the redistrible instructions for supporting WIN7 and XP at the same time.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 15, 2012 Jan 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Why are you trying to locate the EXE? You said you were upgrading. What are you upgrading to? Is the process wanting or needing to find the EXE? Did you maybe perform an uninstall prior?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2012 Jan 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp for Word no longer installs automatically, there is a check box so maybe you didn't install it?

If you did, the RoboHelp folder will be immediately above RoboHTML. The desktop shortcuts often fail to load properly with RoboHelp 9 but look on the start menu and find RoboHTML, RoboHelp for Word will be with it if installed.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

Thanks for the help.

Sorry but dumb me… I only use RH about once every 2 years.

My understanding is that the help file that is needed for Win7 is now a CHM file. Correct?

Does that also work for XP?

To create the CHM file I use Single Source Layouts > Microsoft HTML Help?

Also, how does one respond on the Adobe Forum Screen, I could not find a respond button.

Thanks again.

Frank

Frank L. Smith

image002

www.med2000.net

fsmith@med2000.net

P.O.Box 489

Redondo Beach, CA 90277

(310) 316-9110

(310) 540-5842 (Fax)

(310) 874-5242 (Cell)

This message contains information that may be confidential and/or privileged. It is intended solely for the individuals or entities named above; and access by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this information is prohibited and may be unlawful, and please delete it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't have to convert from WinHelp but if you don't, each user will have to download a viewer to be able to access the help. You cannot distribute the viewer.

For local help, if you want a simple progression you could use a CHM file. The other option is AIR help but that introduces a number of issues and my guess is in your case they would be unwanted. There is information about AIR help on my site.

Also, how does one respond on the Adobe Forum Screen, I could not find a respond button.

You have to log in and then you will see a Reply button on the posts.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it.

Thanks.

Frank L. Smith

image002

www.med2000.net

fsmith@med2000.net

P.O.Box 489

Redondo Beach, CA 90277

(310) 316-9110

(310) 540-5842 (Fax)

(310) 874-5242 (Cell)

This message contains information that may be confidential and/or privileged. It is intended solely for the individuals or entities named above; and access by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this information is prohibited and may be unlawful, and please delete it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot include images in emailed replies, only via the web. I don't know what you posted.

Also not a good idea to post email addresses on any forum, unless you do have body parts that need some attention.

Would you like me to edit those details out?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Peter,

I’m good to go now.

Thanks.

Frank

Frank L. Smith

www.med2000.net

fsmith@med2000.net

P.O.Box 489

Redondo Beach, CA 90277

(310) 316-9110

(310) 540-5842 (Fax)

(310) 874-5242 (Cell)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp