• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I make JPG the default image format?

Explorer ,
Jan 16, 2012 Jan 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

At work I use Windows 7 and RoboHelp 9, and all screenshots are automatically pasted as JPGs. (Usually cropped screen capture are inserted as GIFs.)

At home I use the same - Windows 7 and RH9 - however, all screenshots are inserted as very bad quality GIFs that are unusable.

How come there is a difference between the 2 computers? How do I change the home computer to insert images as JPGs? Is this a Windows or RH issue?

Thanks,

Jackie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you using to do the screenshots? The capture program usually has settings to choose what output format you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

If I am using the entire active Window, I just use Alt + PrtScn.

If I need to crop or edit, I use PaintShopPro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would a Windows thing, not RH. But, as Rick says, it makes more sense to use a tool like SnagIT or even RoboScreenCapture to capture images and manipulate them in different formats.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your replies! I will try working the correct way

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jackie

While certainly possible, It's never a good idea to simply capture images and paste them into RoboHelp. Sure, working in that manner is easy to do, but as you are seeing, you are allowing RoboHelp to make choices for you. And those choices aren't always what you want.

For example, RoboHelp will simply name the image in a generic fashion. You will have to choose to rename it later. And you are already seeing that you can't really choose the image format.

Personally, I use SnagIt to capture my images. So my workflow is to capture, save in the format I want (usually PNG) and name the image. Then in RoboHelp I insert the image and point at the location where I saved it from SnagIt.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

My project has about 800 screenshots, inserted with conditional text for 3 different flavors of the product. I have always just pasted the images directly into RH, using the default image name because there are so many, and this has worked fine for me as I don't really need to know the name of the image...

Can you think of any reason why my 2 computers are behaving differently?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your replies! I will try working the correct way

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp