• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't install Web Server connectors on IIS 7.5 (Win 2008 R2)

Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2012 Jan 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clean install on Windows 2008 R2 server...nothing else on it except all patches and SP1. 

• Install process always hangs at "Installing Web Connectors". 
  • This happens with or without IIS6 Metabase and Backward compatibility options installed. 
  • When running Web Server Configuration tool, after a successful install in internal server, it hangs with no response after click "Add". 

Next attempt was to use internal web server to complete install, then install 9.0.1 patch. 

• Removed IIS6 Compatibility options as instructed by upgrader. 
  • Same result, WSCT hangs once "Add" is clicked.

There are no instructions anywhere for manually configuring IIS 7.5. 

• If Adobe is not going to update the installer to work with updated Server software, there should at least be a step-by-step document for us to do it manually.

Please advise as to any solutions the community may have.

(As a side note, I have performed probably 200 CF installs, this is the first time I've had to go to the community for help for a problem I just can't seem to workaround, or find an answer to.)

Thanks for the help,

Sean

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried running the installer as Admin?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'm logged on as an Administrator and I have used the option "Run as Administrator" on both the installers, and the Web Server Configuration Tool. Same outcome.

I'll add this...

When I first start the wsconfig tool, it creates the wsconfig tool inside of C:\JRun4\lib\ and extracts the jrunwin32.dll file into that directory.

But that's where it hangs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, running MultiServer? Must admit I've never done that. Certainly CF9.0.1 will run on Server 2008 R2 SP1, because that's what I'm running. From my build notes, there doesn't look to be anything special. We do run CF as a named user, are you doing this? If so, does the user definitely have the right permissions?

Apologies if I'm preaching egg sucking, it's just sometimes the simple things that catch you out

If you can't get it working I'd try doing a standalone install rather than multiserver, see if that gets you anywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation