• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player plugin installs OK but doesn't work in any brower

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2012 Jan 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running on an HP notebook runnng Windows 7 with Service Pack 1. I have been trying to get Flash player to work. My main efforts have been with Firefox (9.0.1). I can install Flash player successfully. After installing it brings up an Adobe web page syint the installation was successful, but it does not work. I can see Shockwave Flash 11.1.102.55 in the plugins list in Firefox and when I use the Firefox plugin check it says it is up to date. When I got to https://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/ it shows the right version and Windows O/S info.

When I go to http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer.html, I see some icons and text in the area right above the What Is Flash Player section for an instant as the page loads then it goes blank. Many other web pages also are blank where Flash content is supposed to play. When I try to play a video on YouTube I see a black box where the video is supposed to play, but no video.

I don't get any error messages anytime at all. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it numerous times. I restarted the computer after uninstalling and before reinstalling again. I've used the Session Manager to delete all the Flash info. Always the same result.

I also tried installing in Internet Explorer (32-bit and 64-bit). I tried using Google Chrome which is supposed to have Flash buit in, but that doesn't work either.

My notebook has only one account and it has administrator privileges. However, http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/191/tn_19166.html#main_Try_more_solutions lists registry entries that Flash installer sets, but they are not there. I also ran across someplace that the version of Flash and showed something about ActiveX not be active or activated. I can't remember where that was,but I'm pretty sure it was a Firefox plug-in status because I remember researching ActiveX and Flash and all the info seemed to say that was only an issue with IE and thinking that didn't apply to Firefox.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vincent00 I would recommend posting your inquiry into the Flash Player forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Topic moved to Flash Player forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2012 Jan 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is a late reply, but did you ever find anything out on this problem? as i have recently got  the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried disableing hardware acceleration? How do I disable or enable hardware acceleration?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may sound stupid, but i cannot seem to access the right click settings options for flash to change that setting. The area where a flash would be simply isnt there. so i cannot right click and access settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My message was in response to Vincent00.  If you can not right click and access settings, you do not have the same problem.

Vincent1342

To assist us in quickly understanding your problem, please follow these guidelines when posting:

• Specify your operating system (including 32bit or 64bit edition) 
  • Specify your web browser and version (including 32bit or 64bit edition) 
  • Specify your Flash Player version 
  • Give us a brief explanation of the problem, please include any information you feel is important 
  • Please do not use existing topics to append questions that are entirely different from the original topic. When in doubt create a new topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines