4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 17, 2012 9:32 PM by TeamApps01 RSS

Folio Organizer Issue

Why can't I view thumbnails and edit articles from Folio Organizer? This issue is experienced from three computers with three different Adobe.com Account.

I was able to view and edit the first time, but since last week I wasnt able to. Is this problem has something to do with connectivity? Please advice.

• 1. Re: Folio Organizer Issue
          Bob Bringhurst - Adobe Adobe Employee

Can you be more specific? I can sign in, use the Folio Producer Organizer, and edit folios and metadata fine both at home and at work. I haven't heard anyone else report problems with using the Folio Producer web client.

• 2. Re: Folio Organizer Issue
            TeamApps01 Community Member

IVertical View.pngHorizontal view.png

These are the views I am getting from the Folio Editor. I used to see the thumbnails before. I'd really appreciate help since our production is starting today and I have one more thing to hopefully resolve and ask from any adobe DPS expert. Your reply Bob is highly appreciated. Thank you

• 3. Re: Folio Organizer Issue
              Bob Bringhurst - Adobe Adobe Employee

Are they articles with PDF format? If so, you can't see the thumbnails of PDF articles. To edit the articles' metadata, you can select the title bar, or you can go into List View or use the Folio Builder panel.

• 4. Re: Folio Organizer Issue
                TeamApps01 Community Member

Thanks Bob, I am finally enlightened. Although I still need your expert advice to finally resolve everything that's slowing me down.

QUESTION 1 : When you say "Are they articles with PDF format?" do you mean:

A: Are they articles with PDF format selected from the drop down menu as image format

B: Are they articles containing PDF as links placed in indesign

QUESTION 2:

I just started learning how to use DPS last week and i still have unresolved issues. Please bear with me for stating everything in detail.

I am trying to convert my mini magazine into an ipad-viewable format with pinch and zoom and hyperlinks. I created a 6 paged folio as a test file with horizontal and vertical orientation.

In effect I had 6 folders labeled as articles containing two articles each for the horizontal and vertical layout using _h and _v suffix. I was able to upload it hrough the Folio Producer

and check it from an ipad.

When viewed from the iPad Vertical Orientation:

Left hand page on print   :   shows a single page which ill refer to "PAGE A" for illustration purpose 

Right hand page on print :   shows another single page which ill refer to "PAGE B" for illustration purpose

As a horizontal article, I placed the image of PAGE A and PAGE B together on one landscape orientation ipad document to simulate a print spread. I did this for both Left and right hand document, saving the same horizontal article on each folder but with different article file name.

to illustrate:

Left hand article folder contains:

PAGE A_v

PAGE A+B_h

Right hand article

PAGE B_v

PAGE A+B2_h

Now when I view it from the ipad, Vertical view displays correctly showing each vertical page separately. But when viewed horizontally, obviously two spreads for each left and right hand page appeared.

I was able to resolve this before through Folio editor by deleting recurring spreads in horizontal view. But now, since I wasn't able to view the thumbnails I could not do so but i'll try your suggestion to edit it in list view. Are these steps in editing the folio the correct way to address my concern?

I need to confirm these steps with you Bob just so I would know if I am on the right track or missing out some step.