Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TOC Output not Showing in Database

Jan 17, 2012 Jan 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My updates in RoboHelp DO show up after I compile and view the 'output' BUT my TOC changes that ARE showing in my RH 'output' are NOT showing up in my actual production database. New topics and edits ARE showing in my production database, but my TOC changes are NOT. I am taking a two day RH seminar at the end of this month, but I need this answered now if possible. Any advise would help me out. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 18, 2012 Jan 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

What version / flavour of RH are you using?

You talk about a production database, but do you mean a production (web) server?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH 6

yes, I think I mean a production web server.Basically I copy my webhelp folder and paste it onto my company's server so that the employees can view the web help file.

My output in RH is not showing on the server. My TOC looks different on the server then it does in the RH output.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are experiencing the same issue. Normally, after making updates to the various chapters/pages, we FTP the appropriate generated html file to our web server. These items are updated successfully onto our website. However, our latest issue is that after renaming an item in the Table of Contents, we don't know which RH8 file (hhc, html, etc) to upload to our web server so that our changes our live on the Internet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2012 Jan 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you regenerate the help there are many "internal" files that need to get updated. Using RoboHelp's publishing feature ensures that all the necessary files get uploaded to the server.

If you want to stick with FTP, when you generate all the files are recreated so you will have difficulty in identifying which ones have changes. You could publish locally and then you would be able see what has changed by looking at the file dates.

As you have found, FTP is problematic if you only want to upload what has changed. HHC and other such files will only be found in the source. The contents are split in many files in the output.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just copy the whole thing up again & replace it all - why bother hunting for changed files only when you're not finding them quickly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you clean out the server's webhelp folder and re-copy all of the project's webhelp file back up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp