Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

How can one object perform different calculations in a repeatable subform?

Former Community Member

I posted my question under a previous post, but am afraid it will be overlooked, so i'm posting it again in hopes of getting some much needed help.

I’m trying to apply a calculation to a numeric object. My calculations are dependent on:
1.      If a checkbox is checked
2.      The number of days entered
3.      The number of rows that are added (i'm using a repeatable subform)

Basically, if the first row is the ONLY row, then it can contain three possible calculations

1. if a checkbox is checked and the total number of days entered is <= 2, then the calculation is.... partial.rawValue  * Days.rawValue 
  2. if a checkbox is checked and the total number of days entered is > 2, then the calculation is....perDiem.rawValue * (Days.rawValue - 2 ) + (partial.rawValue * 2) 
  3. otherwise, the calcuation is....perDiem.rawValue * Days.rawValue 

However, if more than one row is selected, then the first and the last row would contain the following possible calculations: 

1. If a checkbox is checked, then the calculation is…perDiem.rawValue * (Days.rawValue - 1 ) + partial.rawValue  
  2. Otherwise, the calculation is…perDiem.rawValue * Days.rawValue  

The middle rows are always going to contain one possible calculation of…perDiem.rawValue * Days.rawValue

I have NO idea how to setup my script... i'm assuming that i need to create multiple variable (first row and last row), but have failed so far.

12 Replies

Level 10

Can you please share your form? It's hard to determine how your form is designed and I don't have the time to rebuild it by myself.

Former Community Member

Sure, I can share it, but i'm not sure how. I dont see an option to upload a file to this message. Please let me know how to share and I'll do so. Thanks for your help!

Level 10

Use a file sharing service in the web such as Acrobat.com.

Former Community Member

Thanks! I just uploaded it to https://acrobat.com/#d=PwnUtMIB5OwKlPRnagr*UA

The object that I'm referring to is located at MIEexpSection.MIEexp.gsaTotal.

MIEexp is a repeatable subform.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Level 10

You forgot to share the form, I cannot download it.

Level 10

In what field the calculated result should be shown?

Level 10

Ok, so far I could follow your instruction the formula (FormCalc) for the field gsaTotal look like:

Former Community Member

it's perfect!!! almost..

the last row displays a negative number, until a value is entered into the Days field. How can I avoid displaying the negative number? I assume I need to add an "If Days gt 0" somewhere in the code, but am not sure where. Can you please help? screenshot.jpg