• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot import WMV files, converting to FLV reduces volume

Contributor ,
Jan 18, 2012 Jan 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got an MP4 video that I can import into PowerPoint/Presenter just fine, but it fails when I try to import a WMV video.

I've tried using AME to convert to FLV (but don't think I should have to, should I?), but then the volume is not as loud as the original WMV is.

Another related question ... are there any options for the video controller/scrubber that Presenter adds to video? If I insert a video natively in PowerPoint, it adds a much more elegant controller under the video. Presenter puts a big, clunky one on top.

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The volume change is most likely due to a setting in AME. I would agree that bringing in a non-flash video in to Presenter is not ideal. This is because the inline video converter is too simple for my taste, but it can do an ok job if in a pinch. I know there are some good free video conversion tools out there, but I have always used (and liked) the AVS video converter.

As to the video controller/scrubber, I'm not sure what you are seeing. With the published version of your presentation, the video should be controlled with the presentation play bar. The only time I see any other play bar is when you do a slide show (F5) preview of the presentation. But this is not representative of the output of Presenter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, you're right about the playbar ... I was looking at it in the sync audio preview thing and the clunky one shows up in there.

I'll give AVS a try. Is this the one you're referring to? http://www.avs4you.com/index.aspx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is the one $59 for everything they have with lifetime support and updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources