• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

linking Word doc issue

Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2012 Jan 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been linking Word documents successfully into RH8 for some time now. Today I came upon an issue with RH naming the generated Word doc as "1". I've tried ways to rename the document but can't find one. Here is a pic:

wordlink.png

any solution to this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not the document name, it is the Topic. The document name is above what you have highlighted.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, Peter it's the topic name. But I don't want a topic named 1 and I can't change it. Also, this is not the way other linked documents and topics were processed. they never were given the topic name of "1."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Topic names are based on the content of your document. What is in the first few lines of your document?

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here is a pic of another linked Word document with the topic name the same as the Word document name. I believe this occurs when you generate the Word document that the topic is named after the Word document name, correct?

Failover.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please answer my question.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When linking topic filenames and titles are normally based on the text of the style used for pagination, not the filename of the Word document. The latter would not work when linking to documents set to create multiple documents.

I was expecting to see "1" at the beginning of your document.

Check the document does not have any pending Track Changes. Then go to File > Project Settings > Import > Word Settings > Edit. (Yes I know you are linking)

Check the settings there. See Importing with RoboHelp 9 on my site. Mapping is the same for Linking as Importing. See what styles you have set for Pagination.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Peter,

I think I've got it. Your suggestions got me to checking the document properties. Voila! the document name was "1"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp