Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing topics in Word

Sep 28, 2006 Sep 28, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday I had to have my hard drive replaced, so consequently I was without RoboHelp for a while. Meantime, I edited a couple of topics by selecting them from the directory where they resided in compiled form, opening them with "Edit." They came up in Word and I was able to successfully make my edits. However, when I got my computer back and was able to access RoboHelp again, I tried to open these same topics, but they continue to open in Word (only these two -- the rest open as usual).

So my Q is: How do I get these topics to open in RoboHelp again?

Many thanks,
Lon

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lon,

You need to associate these files to robohelp again.

1. Go to the directory, right click on the files.
2. Select Open With
3. This opens up the Open with and attributes window.
4. Select Robohelp HTML Application from the list.
5. Click on the checkbox 'Always use the selected program to open this file'
6. Click OK.

Hopefully you haven't messed up the files by editing them in word 😞 - you really would have been better editing them in notepad or a clean HTML editor. Word adds its own HTML gremlins.

Good luck
Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lon. The problem is that the files were edited from outside RH and as such it is confused. Try going into the topics tab, right clicking on the two files and select the "Edit With | Robohelp WYSIWYG" menu item and see if this works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi all

Personally, the way I find easiest is by simply advising RoboHelp HTML that IT should be the only editor in town. You do this as follows:

1. Click Tools > Options...
2. Click the HTML Editors tab
3. At the bottom of the dialog should be two options. One is labeled Auto-select Editor and the other is labeled Use Default Editor. My guess is that the default setting of Auto-select is set. Choose the other option and click the OK button. Once you do this, regardless of what application was used last to edit the HTML files, RoboHelp HTML will be used to edit them when you are working with RoboHelp HTML!

Happy Thursday all... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp