• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver Error on Load - MMdocumenttypes.xml wont open/missing

Jan 20, 2012 Jan 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just purchased and installed Dreamweaver cs5.5 student and teacher edition for a PC. When I open the program, I receive an error message:

"No document types have been found in the Configuartion/DocumentTypes/ folder. The MMdocumenttypes.xml file may be missing or corrupt."

I have uninstalled/reinstalled the program, which did not change the problem. How can I get Dreamweaver running properly? The MMdocumenttypes.xml is located in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CS5.5\configuration\DocumentTypes Folder, it is not missing, and shouldn't be corrupt as I just installed the program.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Jan 25, 2012 Jan 25, 2012

I can't believe I didn't try this earlier... All I had to do was rename the file to have .xml at the end. When dreamweaver is installed, the file is already a .xml file, but for some reason dreamweaver still crashed. You have to add the .xml.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 21, 2012 Jan 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

even if these informations are not the latest/newest, they may be still usable:

http://www.chrisherberte.com/blog/missing-mmdocumenttypesxml-file
http://www.chrisherberte.com/?page=1

and Manually editing Dreamweaver's configuration: http://drupal.org/node/18151.

Hans-Günter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 21, 2012 Jan 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info, the mmdocumenttypes.xml file is not missing or hidden in my configuration/documenttypes/ folder. I tried manually editing dreamweavers config, but in cs5.5 there doesn't seem to be an "extentions.txt". I edited the mmdocumenttypes.xml config to match the description given in your last link, but when I try to open Dreamweaver, I still get the error message that the file is missing or corrupted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 22, 2012 Jan 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

---------del----------

Hans-Günter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2014 Dec 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

those were dumpster links. if that was a hint about my CS5, don't count on it any time soon. I spent $2850 on my product and I need it to work for a while.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2014 Dec 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RE: step 4 and 12, no good.

I am trying to start from scratch with a new custom config (if you had read original post) and need help to debug it. I am not looking for help to destroy my work.

I put a lot of work into it, updating the HTML tags of everything and a making a few new types. they are not just file extensions, but templates. I don't think there's a conflict, but I am unsure how to check for a conflict. I tried my best on that and what conflict there may have been, when I disabled any possibility of conflict, same error still there. I sure hope this isn't some general bucket error that catches everything because that makes debugging a real pain.

anybody have enough exp in this area to help?

make sure you back up the original config folder in dw cs5 before extraction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 25, 2012 Jan 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't believe I didn't try this earlier... All I had to do was rename the file to have .xml at the end. When dreamweaver is installed, the file is already a .xml file, but for some reason dreamweaver still crashed. You have to add the .xml.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2012 Feb 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a bunch!  This totally worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2012 Jun 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reintalled CS6 twice already. Cannot get rid of error " No Document types have been found in the Configuration/DucumentTypes/folder. The MMDocumentTypes.xml file may be missing or corrupted.

No answers above are working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When uninstalling tell the uninstaller to delete User Preferences Data  (it's the checkbox over on the right when you choose what to uninstall out of the suite. Try uninstalling with that checked and then reinstall again. Just did this and it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2015 Jan 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the user prefs data for dw is in I think may be in 2 files in dw's configuration folder (not in %appdata% but in %PROGRAMFILES%) or maybe that was the cache that might need to be zapped.

rather than lose the whole shebang, I think you could simply drop the userprefs in the config folder.

I think a check in the registry under HKCU\Software\Adobe and HKLM\Software\Adobe would also be in order, as there are settings in there too (sites are stored there, so in case you want to back up some or all those settings at once you can export the registry key).

I would like to apply some intelligence to the process by only doing what's necessary manually. right now I had to uninstall cs5, and I am hoping I can reinstall and put my files back in and see what happens, so right now I cannot give file location specifics, you would have to do your own digging. but I suspect that due to a bug in the installer (there is a lot of little stuff to catch...), I won't be able to reinstall without wiping the disk and reinstalling windows from scratch like many times before - residuals being the reason and somehow the installer sees that and goes haywire.

I am going to have to use those manual steps if this is indeed the answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2012 Oct 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For 2 days I have been pulling my hair out! Scrolling through pages and pages of forums, installing and reinstalling a million times...until I see your post....  Try Step #4 and Step #1 of the help doc...THANK YOU!!!! 2 days of headache was fixed in 5 minutes!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 20, 2013 Jul 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

#12 worked for me. I have Dreamweaver CS5.5 running on Windows 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2015 Jan 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you that is work for me too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2012 Feb 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No document types have been found in the Configuration/docmentTypes/ folder. The MMDocumentTypes.xml file may be missing or corrupted. The application will exit now. The above answers have not worked for me to fix this issue and Adobe chat was of no assistance on top of which they have no way of allowing their customers to e mail them for support. I would really appreciate some help here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This answer solved a problem I had with the same error:
"No document types have been found in the Configuration/DocumentTypes/ folder. The MMDocumentTypes.xml file may be missing or corrupted. The application will exit now."
I renamed "MMDocumentTypes.xml" by selecting the file in Windows Explorer and clicking 'Rename'. I selected and erased the ".xml" and then retyped ".xml" in the Name field. Then clicked 'Enter' to close the open name field. After doing that, Dreamweaver opened right up after a month of avoiding this computer.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines