Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PROBLEM WITH BULLETS IN WEBHELP AND WEBHELP PRO

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2012 Jan 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am currently using RoboHelp 8.0 for documentation. I am facing few issues which I couldn't able to resolve.

1. I created unordered lists using Styles and Formatting. The bullets are appearing fine in .chm file. But when I try to generate WebHelp or WebHelp Pro the bullets are appearing as some special characters. I tried many trial and error methods to solve this; but those are of no use.

2. I created a project with a name and later on the company has changed the project name asked me to make the changes in the documentation as well. I renamed the project with the new name but still the main link (.htm) is showing the old name. I renamed all the old names in the folder to new name but again when I generate a WebHelp or pro, it is creating files with the old name and is displaying the old link on the browser address bar.

Please help me to sort out the issue.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it RoboHelp HTML 8 that you are using or RoboHelp for Word? For now I will assume RoboHelp HTML.

Do you have Service Release 8.0.2 applied? If not apply that before opening any more projects.

Unless you have RoboHelp Server installed there is no point in generating a WebHelp Pro output.

Some screenshots would help to see what these characters are. Using RoboHelp 8 on my site may help you.

As to the project name, I'm not clear where you are seeing the old name but I would guess you also need to change the name in Project Settings.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Peter Grainge, thanks for your reply.

I am using RoboHelp HTML 8. I have updated the Service Release as you mentioned.

The unordered lists are not generating in WebHelp.

In source the content is formatted as shown below

In the WebHelp output it is displying the content as shown below

Please let me know if you need any additional information.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to insert images using the camera icon. There are no images in your post.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry!

Here are the images

Source Formatting

input.png

Output

output.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have seen this with multi-level lists.

See http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/lists/lists_multi_level.htm and scroll down to Fixing bullets in Firefox.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp