• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash Player not installing.

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2012 Jan 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running a windows 7 64-bit computer. When I run the installer, no installer window appears. I do however see the process in the task manager, and see that the installers have been moved to my C:/../AppData/Local/Temp folder; however, after that point the process seems to stagnate. How do I fix this? Is there some file that the installer requires? There is no error message for me to troubleshoot this on my own. I've restarted my computer multiple times, have everything else updated, and run the most current version of mozilla firefox. I've also done multiple full scans with McAfee, Malewarebytes Anti-Malware, and msert, and also ran the system file checker; all of which returned with 0 malware/missing files. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, that did not help; resulted in the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PBlackll

Sorry, that did not help; resulted in the same problem.

This makes absolutely no sense. What is the name of the installer you were trying to run in the first post?  What is the name of the installer you were trying to run in your second post?  What is your browser?  Are you saving your download files to your Downloads folder?  What files are in C:\Window\System32\Macromed\Flash and C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash?  How far did you get in your clean install?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2012 Jan 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said, I'm using mozilla firefox. The name of the installer I'm trying to use is install_flashplayer11x62_mssa_aih.exe. I've downloaded and run the installation in my downloads folder, on the desktop, and other folders; all of which have the same result. After each attempt I ran the official uninstaller and got rid of what appeared to be a log file of sorts in the folder titled FlashInstall.txt. I've gone through the steps of the clean install, but when I reach the actual installation part, the result is always the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jan 23, 2012 Jan 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

PBlackII

The name of the installer I'm trying to use is install_flashplayer11x62_mssa_aih.exe

Delete that installer file.

Download this file: Flash Player for other browsers

Use it with a clean install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines