• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to deploy a Flex application (Server Type ColdFusion) to production

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2012 Jan 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had just posted this in the flex forum and then realized there was a Flash Builder Forum where this question might be more suited so I appologize for the double post.

I have built a flex application using Flash Builder 4.6.  It utilizes ColdFusion Flash Remoting for its data services.  When first setting up the data services I had to set a bunch of properties in the flex server section.  Which I am not sure are all correct but the app does run and connect to the data services.  They were:

Application Server type: ColdFusion

Use remote object access service

ColdFusion flash remoting

Server Location:

Deployed to Java application server

Web Root: v:\inetpub\testFlex

Root URL: http://myDevServerIP/

ColdFusion Was folder: v:\CF9\JRun4\servers\testFlex\cfusion.ear\cfusion.war

My question is now when I'm ready to deploy to my production machine and load the app onto a tablet or other computer, obviously the Root URL will be different something like http://myLiveURL.com.  Is this the only thing I change?  Do I even change it here or is there some other location?  Any other things I need to change?

Thanks!

Your help is much appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2012 Jan 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So I tried modifying the root url to be my live production url and it broke.  I can no longer test the data services nor run the app.  I did notice that the _Super_XXX.as file no longer had an endpoint so I edited that file and then was able to run the app however I cannot test any of the dataservices any more.  I get an error:

InvocationTargetException: There was an error while invoking the operation.  Check your server settings and try invoking the operation again.  Reason: java.net.MalformedURLException: no protocol.

And then even if I try and set it back to my development server I still get this error.

How can I do development on my development server then test it on my test server then deploy it to an app on a tablet that then would point to a production server for the data all the while being able to go back to doing more development on the development server?

Please help!  I'm stumped!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines