• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make an air for ios enterprise distribution Flash CS5.5?

Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2011 Oct 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, There seems to be only:

• Quick publishing for device testing
  • Quick publishing for device debugging
  • Deployment - Ad hoc
  • Deploymnet - Apple App Store

How does one do Deployment for in-house Enterprise Apps from Flash CS5.5 with AIR for iOS?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2011 Oct 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I asked this same question a while back.  Maybe even twice.  Can someone from Adobe please let us know if AIR for iOS supports enterprise or not?  And if so SPECIFICALLY how to do it.  I've gone though this a million times with clients assuming that the ipa generated should have no problem and yet the enterprise distribution certificates seem to not be correct when the organization attempts to deploy.  I'm working with a good number of pretty smart people here in some very large well known organizations and we can't figure this out and NO ONE IS HAPPY about it.

If I ever find out, I'll be sure to let you know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2011 Oct 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks JAC3085.  If I find out I'll post here as well.

Hello Adobe, Can we get some info here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2011 Oct 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That feature is not fromally supported in Flash CS5.5, so you need a little tricky method for this.

Below is a workaround, for your reference:

http://fpstudios.com/2011/08/flash-enterprise-builds/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2011 Oct 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting this! Will try this out.

Best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 17, 2011 Nov 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to do ios enterprise distribution from flash builder?  Or is the above hack still required?  Is there any new from adobe about addressing this?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2011 Nov 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange that adobe itself doesn't come up with a decent solution.
They dropped flash players for mobile devices, and are more focussing on app development. So why not add enterprise in-house distribution support?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2011 Dec 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone got an answer on support for enterprise distribution support in Flash Builder (no Macs, so XCode not available)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2012 Jan 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump.  Adobe, Is this going to happen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I echo David's, it sure would be nice to get some sort of response from Adobe on this, before I have to commandeer a coworkers Mac and hack the build using the previous link.  Would really like to avoid that if at all possible.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi:

If you have iOS Enterprise Developer account, you can create ad-hoc distribution certificate/provision and use it in the Deployment - Ad hoc type. Doesnt this help? or am I missing the actual question?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Saumitra,

Thanks for entering this discussion.

Ad-Hoc distrubution is limited and unacceptable for enterprise, in-house non- app store, app distribution.  Ad-Hoc is only used for testing on a few devices, not for distributing finished apps.

From apple:

To include users that are not part of your development team in your testing, you must add their devices to your team and issue them user testing provisioning profiles (also known as ad-hoc provisioning profiles), which allow them to install your apps on their devices.

http://developer.apple.com/library/ios/#documentation/Xcode/Conceptual/ios_development_workflow/35-D...

We, as in Flash CS 5.5 users building apps for enterprise, in-house non app-store distribution, with an enterprise licence, badly need to be able to package these with the provisioning profile built in, as Xcode does. This way we can distribute without having to manage individual provisioning profiles for EVERY device that will receive the app. Currently I believe the only way is to workaround as is linked above. Untested by me so far, but evidently others have had success.

Hope this helps and that we can get a fix asap?

Best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

I decided to take the "let's see what happens" approach tonight and compiled my app as an App Store release, using the Distribution certificate and distribution provisioning profile (valid for any device uuid) from our enterprise account.

I was able to then drop the resulting .ipa in iTunes and install/run with no issues.

Give this a try and see if it works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2012 Jan 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks fsunole,

Awesome if this is the case! I'm working with a client that will only provide the enterprise provisioning profile after testing and qa. I'd like to not run into critical issues just prior to delivery.

Has anyone else had success with this?

Adobe can you confirm that this is the case?

@XingfeiGe, Have you tried this?

Best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2012 Feb 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bump

Has anyone else had success with this?

Adobe can you confirm that this is the case?

@XingfeiGe, Have you tried this?

Thanks,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2012 Feb 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that this works. Build the app on Flash Builder using your enterprise distribution cert. and provisioning file. Build for app store distribution. Resulting ipa is ready for installation via iTunes or can be set up to distribute over-the-air to in- house users.

Parks

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 19, 2012 Mar 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have spent a while looking for this solution too, and the solution is surprisingly simple.

I followed the instructions in the link above and that worked fine, allowing me to install over-the-air, with the resulting ipa and plist files from XCode's Organizer when you select Enterprise Distribution from the Share button, but this was a bit of a faff.

Now in all honesty, I just build an App Store release (from FB 4.6), pointing to my Enterprise certificate and provisioning file, and then create a .plist file myself (its just a text XML file with some standard tags and stuff) and then upload to our distribution app store (web server) for anyone in the company to download.

Works a treat.  Well, other than the slow AppStore packaging process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2012 Mar 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ianjgordon, could you please clarify the process? I understand it like this:

1. build an ipa with FB pointing to the right cert and prov. file

2. create a new plist file

3. upload the ipa to your server ( manually, over ftp etc. )

I have problems understanding step 2:

- Why would you create a new plist file, the ipa from FB already contains one and is pointing the right cert and profile.

- you do not mention how you include the newly created plist in your app package. And if you do this, how do you return it to an ipa again? I know an ipa is just a zip file, but from my experience, just zipping the package and renaming the suffix to "ipa" will not give you a valid package to install on a device.

Thank you very much for clarifying this step!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2012 Mar 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maweibezahn,

The plist in step 2 is created so you can download the app onto the device.  This file stands alone, and does NOT need to be included in the app package, but it does need to reside in the same spot on the web server.  Below is an example plist file for an app.  You then access the following link from mobile safari to install:

<a href="itms-services://?action=download-manifest&url=http://www.myserver.com/myAppPlist.plist">Tap Here to Install myApp On Your iPhone</a>

----------myAppPlist.plist------------------------------

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>items</key>

<array>

<dict>

<key>assets</key>

<array>

<dict>

<key>kind</key>

<string>software-package</string>

<key>url</key>

<string>http://www.myserver.com/myApp.ipa</string>

</dict>

</array>

<key>metadata</key>

<dict>

<key>bundle-identifier</key>

<string>com.myServer.myApp</string>

<key>bundle-version</key>

<string>1.0.0</string>

<key>kind</key>

<string>software</string>

<key>title</key>

<string>My App Name</string>

</dict>

</dict>

</array>

</dict>

</plist>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2012 Mar 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@fsunole, thanks for the information. I will try to get this running!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2012 Apr 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of cert fif you used ?

inHouse ? Appstore release ? Entreprise appStore

InHouse Certs seems to not to have an Private key to make an .p12 file

Any idea ?

Thanks !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2012 Jun 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no enterprise account, only developer account. I tried the following,

Build .ipa file from .swf file with development certificate. (I can sync the resulting .ipa file onto my itouch through itunes and launch the app without problem.)

Created the .plist file and .html file as instructed in this thread.

Upload all 3 files to my website.

Visit the .html file on my itouch and click the link. (same itouch that syncs the app without problem)

The app appears to start installing after I confirmed the install. But after the installation the app icon just disappears. I tried to build for test, app store, and ad-hoc, all same result.

What am I missing? Is the enterprise certificate the key here? Or should I use distribution certificate? I saw somewhere people say distribution certificate is same as development certificate except for push notification.

Any input would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi !

First, pardon my english I'm a french developer and I write from my iPhone

It is possible to build an IPA for an OTA installation but you need an iOS entreprise IN House certificate ( the 300$ per Year certificate )

You have to extract a .p12 from a .cer IN HOuse certificate and a distribution mobile provisio

To build your IPA select the App Store build

To success the installation your iDevices need an internet connexion To download The certificate on your device

Good luck !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need an enterprise license just to do over the air installs. There are those tricky tutorials on how to post the files for yourself, but I just use BetaBuilder, I can drag and drop a Flash IPA onto it, and it publishes the needed files to my server (which I have mounted locally at the time). It is just a Mac program though:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/betabuilder-for-ios-apps/id415348946?mt=12

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BetaBuilder, Very Interesting to quickly generate plist file ! Thanks Colin for this Link.

In my case The In house certificate and the OTA deployment was the quickest solution to deploy a private application over 200 iPads without UDID registration ( very boring ... And Ad hoc have a limitation of 100 devices per account and per years ... )

To quickly install IPA file I used Transporter Chief, a GREEEEEAAT ruby script which use a Ruby script and a private xCode API to install all IPA files ( only on Mac OS )

http://gamua.com/blog/2012/03/how-to-deploy-ios-apps-to-the-iphone-via-the-command-line/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines