Ausnahmeoffset:    006ccadd

Betriebsystemversion:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Gebietsschema-ID:    1031

Zusatzinformation 1:    0a9e

Zusatzinformation 2:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Zusatzinformation 3:    0a9e

Zusatzinformation 4:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Thank you very much for your help.

• 1. Re: Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro Extended, Version 9.5.0, crashes when printing
          Nikhil.Gupta Adobe Employee

Hi,

Can you please provide me with some details so that I can try to resolve the issue:

1. Was the crash happening before updating Acrobat to 9.5?

2. Whether crash is happening while printing any file to PDF or printing a PDF to a physical printer?

Is the crash happening with other files also? If its a physical printer, can you tell the printer model.

3. What OS you are working on?

• 2. Re: Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro Extended, Version 9.5.0, crashes when printing
            UQCfLM85 Community Member

Hello,

thank you very much for your help.

These are my answeres:

1. No, the crash did not happen before updating to 9.5.

2. I have no problems to print any file from Word, Excel, etc. to PDF but the crash occurs when printing any PDF-file with Acrobat to my physical printer. The crash does not happen with other files printed with other programs like Word, Excel, etc.). The printer model is: HP Color LaserJet 1600. I have the newest printer driver installed.

3. Windows 7 SP1.

Message was edited by: UQCfLM85

• 3. Re: Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro Extended, Version 9.5.0, crashes when printing
              Atul Agarwal Adobe Employee

Could we meet for an online connect session in order to look into this issue at your machine becasue it seems to be working just fine at our end?

I would appreciate if you can send out an email at atulagar@adobe.com

Thanks,

Atul Agarwal

Adobe Systems

• 4. Re: Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro Extended, Version 9.5.0, crashes when printing

Hello,

thank you very much for your help.

It will be difficult to make an online session because of the time zone difference.

One more explanation: The problem (Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro Extended, Version 9.5.0, crashes when printing) that I described at the beginning happens if the Adobe PDF-Printer is the default printer. If I make the physical printer the default printer and I try to print any PDF file the following error message appears:

"Before you can perform print-related tasks such as page setup or printing a document, you need to install a printer."

I hope that this information is usefull.

• 5. Re: Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro Extended, Version 9.5.0, crashes when printing
                  Atul Agarwal Adobe Employee

Thanks for the detailed inputs. I believe it has got to do something with incorrect installation.

Please try Help-->Repair and it should resolve the problem.

Thanks

Atul

• 6. Re: Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro Extended, Version 9.5.0, crashes when printing

Repair did not help.

Problemsignatur:

Problemereignisname:    APPCRASH

Anwendungsname:    Acrobat.exe

Anwendungsversion:    9.5.0.270

Anwendungszeitstempel:    4f03f71d

Fehlermodulname:    Acrobat.dll

Fehlermodulversion:    9.5.0.270

Fehlermodulzeitstempel:    4f03f251

Ausnahmecode:    c0000005

Ausnahmeoffset:    006ccadd

Betriebsystemversion:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Gebietsschema-ID:    1031

Zusatzinformation 1:    0a9e

Zusatzinformation 2:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Zusatzinformation 3:    0a9e

Zusatzinformation 4:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

I think I have to wait for the next update and if this also does not help I have to reinstall completely.

• 7. Re: Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro Extended, Version 9.5.0, crashes when printing
                      jens_e Community Member

I do have the same problem but I'm OSX 10.6.8

I have a Phaser 7500, and it works fine with ID, PS, AI, and Acrobat Reader 9.5

But crashes with Acrobat Pro 9.5 and Lightroom 3.6

Latest drivers for the Phaser in installed, tried the Repais Acrobat Installation but

it' says it isn't necesary

Process:         AdobeAcrobat [6142]

Path:            /Applications/Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro/Adobe Acrobat Pro.app/Contents/MacOS/AdobeAcrobat

Identifier:      com.adobe.Acrobat.Pro

Version:         9.5.0 (9.5.0)

Code Type:       X86 (Native)

Parent Process:  launchd [178]

Date/Time:       2012-01-23 17:35:51.285 +0100

OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.6.8 (10K549)

Report Version:  6

Interval Since Last Report:          573578 sec

Per-App Interval Since Last Report:  318700 sec

Per-App Crashes Since Last Report:   1

Anonymous UUID:                      2FBD03A6-9A6E-407D-B683-2DA98F1D700F

Exception Type:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)

Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000030000000

Crashed Thread:  0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

• 8. Re: Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro Extended, Version 9.5.0, crashes when printing
                        citygarage Community Member

The update to Acrobat 9.5 created similar printer problems for me -- everything was fine until I tried to use Acrobat. On Windows 7 I did a system restore and was able to print from Word, Firefox, and other programs UNTIL I tried to open and use Acrobate to print a PDF. Then my printing sub-system was shot. I got the same "Before you can perform print-related tasks such as page setup or printing a document, you need to install a printer." error message and then a Windows error mesage mentioning that the print spooler isn't started. But that is only a symptom -- the problem here is the Acrobat 9.5 update. I did another System Restore and am again able to print from all other programs but I will not use Acrobat until another update is pushed out that corrects this critical flaw. Or if someone can tell me a legitimate way to avoid this from happnening again when I use Acrobat.

• 9. Re: Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro Extended, Version 9.5.0, crashes when printing
                          Nikhil.Gupta Adobe Employee

Try deleting the adobe pdf printer and repair Acrobat ( from control panel in case of windows).
                          One more thing to ask, is the printer you are trying to print a Network printer ?

• 10. Re: Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro Extended, Version 9.5.0, crashes when printing

Thank you -- I will try this and see what happens. No, the printer is

local (attached via a USB cable).

• 11. Re: Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro Extended, Version 9.5.0, crashes when printing

I am sorry, but this did not solve the problem. After completing the

Repair and restarting my computer I was able to print successfully from

MS Word and other programs. Once I opened Acrobat and attempted to print

my printing functionality was ruined and only a Windows System Restore

brought back my ability to print from other programs. I am now afraid to

print any PDFs or use the PDF printer driver at all.

Nikhil.Gupta said on 1/25/2012 9:44 AM:

>

Re: Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro Extended, Version 9.5.0, crashes when

printing

created by Nikhil.Gupta <http://forums.adobe.com/people/Nikhil.Gupta>

in /Printing & Prepress/ - View the full discussion

<http://forums.adobe.com/message/4164501#4164501>

• 12. Re: Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro Extended, Version 9.5.0, crashes when printing

Today once again I deinstalled the physical printer and removed it from the USB-Port, then connected the physical printer again via the USB-port and after that printing was no longer a problem.

• 13. Re: Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro Extended, Version 9.5.0, crashes when printing
                                  Marketing1918 Community Member

I had similar problems after the latest Adobe update.  I was not able to print from a web browser, email, Office, or Acrobat.  I also received the "you must install a printer" error message.  When I looked in the Control Panel for installed printers the Control Panel itself froze and was unable to open up the printers folder.  At times, Office documents would not even open to begin with.

This occurred on a machine running Acrobat 9 Pro, with Windows 7 (that also has the most recent Acrobat Reader plugin/update for Firefox).  The same problem also occurred on several machines in our office running the latest, most updated Acrobat Reader software.

We ended up having to boot into safe mode and remove Acrobat from the list of startup items.  The problem so far has not resurfaced since removing Acrobat from the list of startup programs.

There is definately an issue that was replicated here on several machines with the latest update.